Topless

Author's Note: This is so Star. She just fits the part perfectly and she has a starfish necklace just like the character (;

Chapter 10

Amber

At Sunday afternoon, I was slumped on the sofa, watching television in the living room. My mother had bought groceries today, but she left afterward, leaving the house all to myself. She told me she wouldn't be home until midnight because she was meeting up with her coworkers for something. My mind was so busy, crowding with memories and thoughts of yesterday that I couldn't remember the reason why my mother had to meet them.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

I muted the television and checked to see who was outside.

"Hey," Reece greeted as I opened the door.

Her smile was bright, crinkling the corners of her eyes. She wore a short, floral, yellow dress and a white bathing suit underneath.

I smiled back. "Hey."

"I came by to invite you to a river party," she announced. "Do you wanna come?"

"Now?"

She nodded.

"Yeah. Sounds like fun, but I have to get ready," I said. "Do you wanna come inside while you wait?"

"Sure."

We went to my room and she plopped herself on my bed while I searched for a bathing suit and an outfit.

"Where's Kim and Angelica?"

"Kim is with her boyfriend at the river party already and Angelica is spending time with her parents," Reece explained.

"Oh, okay."

I grabbed an outfit from my closet and walked to my room.

"What do you think? Do you think this looks good?"

Reece eyed the green bikini and soft, white, beach dress that I held up for her.

"Perfect."

I grinned at her and closed the bathroom door. I quickly changed my clothes.

"So, how are you and Donny doing?"

"We're actually doing really good."

The corners of my mouth twitched into a never-ending smile as I tied up my bikini top.

"He didn't get mad that you practically made out with Aiden?"

"No. He actually did the opposite."

"What do you mean?"

I finished dressing and opened the door. My face felt warm as I thought about Donny's kiss last night.

"He aggressively kissed me."

Reece's jaw slightly dropped. "Wow. Really?"

I nodded and blew out a giggle.

"Wow. He seems so competitive."

"Aren't all guys like that?" I said, walking back to my closet to grab my green flats.

"Yeah, they are, but I think Donny is one of those types of guys that is more savage than the average guy," Reece replied. "And Aiden, too." She paused for a little and added, "What you felt when you kissed him?"

I slipped on my flats and strolled back to my room.

"Who? Aiden?"

Reece nodded. I stopped by the bathroom door frame, thinking back to that very moment. A warm smile touched my lips.