↦Chapter 20: The Death

Daniel gasped and his body thud on the floor. He placed his hand at the side of his throat where blood was endlessly oozing out. He was gurgling and coughing.

The gunshot was loud enough for anyone to hear it in the house. Alex instantly stopped trudging the moment he heard it. His heart started racing faster and his eyes grew bigger. He was afraid if his biggest fear turned out true.

Meanwhile, Grace rushed to Charity when the latter was about to pull the trigger on Grace but in vain. The bride diverted her hand in the air and a few gunshots were heard which hit the wall. They both grunted as they struggled together when Grace snatched the gun from her hand and hit it on Charity's face. The latter backed down and screamed. Her nose started bleeding out.

Grace was swiftly now pointing the gun at Charity. She didn't even hesitate to pulled the trigger but it just clicked and no bullets came out. Grace sighed when Charity was about to jump on her but Grace angrily hit her harder on the face and the lady fell unconscious on the floor.

She then threw the gun away and rushed to Daniel who was dying on the floor.

"Daniel. Daniel. Daniel" she whispered with tears in her eyes as she held his face.

"R-R-Run" was what Daniel could say.

"Thank you" Grace made a sad smile and let her tears rolled down her cheeks when she left Daniel and scurried away.

"Where do you think you are going, bitch?"

The voice of Tony stopped Grace on the spot. She was in a room where Tony was a few metres away from the left side of Grace, coming out from the dark.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" said Tony while catching air.

Grace trudged forward to his direction.

"Our family has weathered worse than you. You are just another sacrifice.." he said.

"You are just another goat. Fuck the altar! I'm gonna do it right here!" Tony was about to jump on Grace when the latter rapidly grabbed the latern on the table and hit it on Tony right on his head.

The father swaggered but Grace wasn't satisfied. So she hit him again but with a lot of effort this time which made Tony lost his senses as he hit the ground.

"Go to hell" whispered Grace when she threw the lantern away which hit the curtains and since it was one of a flammable fabric, the lantern started spreading fire on the curtain.

Grace sprinted away while in the meantime, Alex found his brother suffering in pain on the floor.

"Daniel! Daniel. Daniel. Daniel. Hey, hey, hey"

Alex rushed to Daniel and as he held his brother's face, he said:

"Hey, hey, look at me. Oh my god, hey, look at me, okay?"

•••

Grace made her way in the living room when suddenly Becky pointed her arrow from the back but missed Grace and hit a painting instead. Grace gasped and she shockingly turned her gaze on her.

"In my defense, it's been a while" said Becky when she threw the crossbow and screamed as she rushed to Grace. Becky strangled Grace by the neck and pinned her on the wall. The mother shouted as she was pulling all her efforts on Grace who started feeling suffocated.

•••

"Don't go. Don't go, okay?.." said Alex as he stared at his brother who was beginning to close his eyes.