↦Chapter 9: A Risky Plan

"I did it! Dad! Daddy! I did it! Look!" Emilie rushed inside the room.

"Daddy! Come see what i-"

Emilie's facial expression changed the moment she saw Clara lying on the floor, instead of Grace.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit!" she said out of disappointment. Meanwhile Tony, helene and Daniel arrived.

"Oh, Jesus Christ" Tony said and as he placed his lantern closer, his eyes grew bigger:

"This is Clara"

"Does she look like she is wearing a giant, white wedding dress, Emilie?" said Daniel.

Grace slowly turned her face to Alex while crying.

"Why did you shoot her in the eyes, sweetheart?" asked Tony.

"You are supposed to maim her. She needs to be alive for the ritual" said Tony.

"I don't know, i-"

"I heard a shot" said a worried Becky when she made her entry.

"Oh" said Becky the moment she saw the maid lying on the floor. She found her answer to her question.

"Well, if she dies, does this count?" asked Daniel.

"Of course it does not count. It must be the bride" replied Helene.

Grace's eyes grew bigger.

"Well, what do we do now?" asked Daniel.

"Well, I don't know. I'm...I'm thinking" replied Tony.

As Grace was quietly sobbing, Alex worriedly stared at her.

"Clara, hey...It's gonna be okay..." said Emilie as she kneeled down to Clara, trying to improve the situation when it wasn't really helping.

The coughs of clara gagged as the blood keep ozzing out of her eyes. Emilie gasped and quickly stood up.

"Ughh" she said out of disgust.

"Oh, Daniel, could you?"

Becky said and gestured her hand to Daniel.

"Come on, let's take a walk" said Daniel.

"She's gonna die, guys" groaned Emilie.

"Walk it off, Emilie" said Daniel as he lead Emilie out of the room and they both left.

"So, what do we do with her?" asked Tony.

"Move her. We don't want Grace to see. Give me the fucking lanterns" said Becky and the two individuals obeyed to her words.

Alex slowly but carefully tried to peek his head when Tony said:

"Okay, call it"

Alex rapidly put his head back and bit his lip.

Helene watched as Tony tossed a coin when it clicked.

"Heads!" said Helene.

"Heads it is" said Tony.

"You get the legs" she said.

"Okay" replied the father.

Grace frowned when she was hearing what they were doing. Who the fuck tossed a coin to dispose a dead body as if it's a game?

Helene was holding the two hands of the dead maid while Tony grapped the legs.

"Hold on"

And they both lifted and tried to dragged the dead body out of the room.