↦Chapter 10: The Countdown

Alex carefully glanced to his right and then to the left when he quietly opened the door and trudged downstairs to the study room.

Grace grabbed few more air when she decided to pay heed to Alex's words. She was walking towards the hallway when suddenly she stopped. She realised that her dress was snagging because of the shoes she was now wearing. It became difficult to walk. The dress would get stuck in the shoes everytime she would trudge forward. Grace knew what she had to do. She sat on the floor and began tearing up few parts of her bridal dress. When she could freely walk, she let all the remaining fabrics behind. She trudged forward until she found two room. One of her right and one of her left. She nervously wipe the sweat on her forehead. Alex didn't mentioned which specific room to take.

"Fuck" she said.

•••

Meanwhile, Daniel was carrying the dead maid while Tony was holding her by the feet. Helene then appeared next to them.

"Oh, hey. Any sign of her?" asked Tony.

"No. She could be anywhere" whispered helene as she placed the axe on her shoulder.

They were walking when suddenly a door creaked behind them. It was Grace. The latter glanced at her right and the moment she turned her face to the left, she found them in front of her eyes.

The lantern in Helene's hand could make Grace appeared more visible.

"Oh, found her" said Daniel with a calm tone.

Tony then abruptly tried to fetch the shortgun on his shoulder while Grace was turning her back to escape, she found Emilie standing on her way. Emilie screamed when she instantly pulled the trigger of her gun. The bullets would hit everything; teared the furnitures, break the glasses of the windows, except it didn't hit Grace.

"Jesus! Fuck!" screamed Daniel as Emilie kept shooting. Tony and helene would leaned down to shield themselves from the constant bullets reaching them.

Due to the extreme panic of Emilie, the gun fell from her hand and Grace grapped her opportunity to escape.

"Goddamnit!!" shouted Tony as he angrily punched the ground.

"Emilie! aim for the center of gravity!" shouted Tony.

"I don't know what I am doing!!" Emilie groaned as she stamped her foot on the ground.

Grace scurried into the corridor when she reached the studyroom. She rapidly rushed to the huge window and tried to open it.

"Shit!" She grunted as she tried to pull it but it was locked.

Suddenly, Grace's attention was caught by the telephone of her left. She rushed towards it and dialed the police's number:

"Help help help!" she whispered.

"Fuck" she cried as she couldn't reach the line.

I need to break the window ,she thought.

She quickly grabbed a huge chair and she was about to throw it to the window when she heard footsteps approaching.

"Shh" she whispered as she silently placed the chair back to its place and rushed behind the cupboard to hide.

Grace tried to swallow her heavy breathing as her heart kept pounding faster and faster. Her gaze was kept at the entry of the room to her right when suddenly someone pulled the door to her left and as she quickly turned her face to see, it was Daniel. The latter shockingly stared back at her.

Grace's heart was throbbing so hard that she could feel it at the side of her throat.

"I just...I just came here to get a drink" he walked past her and grapped the bottle of beer placed on the billard table.

Grace remained frozen and she kept staring at him without saying a word.

He's gonna kill me,  she thought.

"I have to call the others.." he said as he opened the bottle of beer and poured some in a glass.

"N-no you don't" she gulped.

"No..you can help me. Please" pleaded Grace.

Daniel sighed.

"This doesn't end well for you.." he confessed.

"I just..don't wanna be the one to serve you up"

"Daniel...I'm begging you..." said Grace as her tear fell.

Daniel clenched his cheekbones.

"I'm really sorry about all this. It's true what they say: the rich are really different" he said as he stared at another painting of his Victor which was a few metres away from his sight.

"I'll give you a ten-second head start" said Daniel while keeping his gaze straight.

"Daniel..." said Grace.

He looked down and remained silent.

Grace shed a tear when she slowly trudged towards the door and ran.

Daniel sat on the chair and placed his feet on the table while holding his glass of beer.

"One, one thousand"

He drank a sip of his beer.

"Two, one thousand"

"Two and a half, one thousand"

Meanwhile Grace was running as fast as she could in the hallway.

Daniel sighed and took a moment when he yelled:

"She is in the STUDY!!!!"

Everybody heard him. Tony and helene was in the kid's room while Becky was in her bedroom. Fitch was interrupted from his video while Emilie abruptly hide her drugs as she swallowed one more pill and Alex's eyes grew bigger the moment he heard Daniel from downstairs.

________________________________
A/N:

Hi! So it's already been 10 chapters of this story. How do you find it? Does it seem boring or is it getting interesting? Let me know about your thoughts in the comments! And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed this story.
Have a great day y'all! ;)

~aldxnx♡