Epilogue: The Day That He Proved His Love

• Dedicated to To all the patient and FaBHulous readers :D

30th December 2014 - - The day that he proved his love...

"Do you remember when we met, at Beacon theatre?" I ask Harry, holding his hand while we're driving past the Beacon Theatre, where it all started.

It's winter at the moment, two days before New Year to be exact. We just arrived in New York for New Year, and its probably time for my family to meet him. So now here we are, in our rental car, driving to meet my mom and brother.

"Yeah, you were crying so hard when you met us. You probably like us so much, princess. " Harry chuckles, rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Don't get yourself too bigheaded, Prince. Remember that Brian broke up to me that day too." I smile, looking at his green eyes through the mirror.

"I knew that." He smiled. "Are you sure your family will like me?"

"Of course! They'll be sold when they see me beaming next to you. " I answer.

"You sure?" He nervously asks.

"Positive. " I assure him as I pull up the driveway. "We're here."

We got out, hand in hand, with our luggage. When we approach the front porch, I see my mum and brother, waiting for us.

"Mom! Todd!" I ran up and hugged both of them. "Sorry, I wasn't able to communicate back then. Uni was taking away my time."

"Aw, that's okay sis!" Todd answers.

"Is this Harry?" Mom asks and I nodded in response.

"Hello, Mrs. Collins." He greets mom.

"You can call me Charlotte, honey. Come inside, you two should meet Emma, she's such a charmer."

We got inside and on the floor, with Rosette, is a little two month old girl, feeding on a bottle whilst her mom holds her. Looks like they already turned to a new leaf.

"Aww, she's really cute. What's her full name?" I ask her.

"Emma Corinne Jacobs. Do you wanna hold her? " Rosie coos at her daughter.

"Sure." I hold Emma in my arms and the little girl slowly blinks and looks at me, smiling and playing with my hair.

"She must've like your red hair, Nikki." Rosette smiled.

"Nikki, " Mom spoke up. "Why don't you and Harry eat brunch with us first, then you can go to town, show him your favourite places?"

"Sounds like a great idea. " I answer, giving little Emma to Rosette and following mom to the kitchen.

We enter the kitchen where there are christmas-y mugs with hot coco in it, omelettes, bacon, pancakes, toast and other brunch food. Mom and Brian are bringing out plates whilst Todd and Harry talk about stuff.

"Now you take care of my little sister, okay? Or I'm gonna have to slit your throat if you hurt her." I overhear him.

"Of course, I love her so much I can't bear to hurt her intentionally." Harry replies, which made my heart do back flips and put a goofy smile on my face instantly.

"Taking the 'older-brother-slash-father-figure' role, eh? I appreciate your concern, Todd Michael but no need for threatening my boyfriend, okay?" I butt in.

"Just doing my job, Nicolet." Todd smiled before we all sat down in our usual seats on the table.

Dad's chair is bare, with no utensils, just a lonely chair. It made my heart clench, only wishing that Dad is here with us. I sat beside Mom, who sat on the right side and my brother on the left, with Harry next to him, so I was sat across the green eyed boy. Molly's chair beside me is empty as Brian and Rosette sat across the empty chair with Emma on hand.

"Okay, shall we be --"Mom starts before she was disrupted by the doorbell.

"I'll go get it." I stood up and semi-jogged to the door.

I opened the door, and much to my shock, someone finally came back.

"Hello Nikki. " Molly feverishly smiled while standing at the door with two duffel bags and Tammy beside her.

I smiled, making way to my sister, who finally came back to our home.

" You should thank Harry, Nicolet. He convinced me to come home. " Molly says, hugging me.

"Come to the kitchen, mom would surely love to see you." I smiled to her as she sets her bags on the couch.

We went back to the dining area and mom instantly stood up and hugged Molly, crying silently in her hair.

I went over to Harry and hugged him from behind. "Thank you for convincing Molly to come home. "

+ + + + +

In no time, we're driving to the cemetery, roses in hand with two canisters of hot coco and blankets. We also wore three layers of clothing to combat the bitter cold.

" You know, this time last year I was at the cemetery, too, talking to my Dad about you. And he always listens in a way. He helped me realise my mistakes. Dad will always be great company to me." I internally smile while driving, looking over to Harry who was taking photos with my polaroid camera.

"Well, I can't wait to meet him. " Harry replies and I took his hand to hold it.

It has been a tradition, for me, to visit my dad's grave every once a year, the last time was last year, around New Years Eve, too.

I park the car next to the elk tree and turn off the ignition. We went out of the car with the flowers, blankets and hot drinks and climb up the hill where Dad's grave is situated.

I smiled at Harry and said, "Well, Harry, meet my father."

Harry threw his arm around my shoulder, hugging me sideways.

"Its a pleasure to meet your dad,  Nicolet." He answers.

We set up the blankets beside dad's grave and sat there huddled, warming our faces with the steaming hot chocolate.

I look over his face and smile.  I love how his face looks flustered from the bitter cold, the snowflakes adoring his beanie and hair. He could pass as a beautiful Ice Prince. My Ice Prince.

I plant a kiss on his cheek and proceeded on talking.

"Dad, I want you to meet my boyfriend. I brought him like I promised you back then. Harry, he's a good boyfriend. He cares so much about me ... He loves me so much and I hope that even if you can't really be here with us, you would help us through anything, Dad." Looking over at Harry, I saw him with a big smile while his emerald irises are on my chocolate brown ones.

"That's right..." Harry adds. "I won't hurt your daughter, she's the one I want to be with for the rest of my life and I hope you'd accept us. I promise I will cherish and love your daughter until my last breath. I- I hope you'll accept if I marry your daughter one day."

"Haz.." I look over him and he faces me with the most sincere smile.

"I love you, and I want to prove it to everyone. I'm not going to propose yet, but I promise, I'll be waiting at an altar while you walk in the most beautiful dress one day." He says.

I gasp and got teary when he opens a velvet box. Two silver rings with diamond shaped pattern with little crystals in it. Couples rings. 

"Is this real?" I start pinching myself.

"Yes." Harry smiled. "I was gonna give them last christmas but Rachel got in the way.. I hope you like it." 

"Its perfect." I look at them, noticing the engravings on it. "I love it. Thanks. "

This is a good day to remember, December 30, the day he proved his love to me. And even if he doesn't prove it, it's obvious. He loves me, just as much as I love him. And that is enough proof for me.

=====

HEYY ADVANCE MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Sorry for the long wait,  but heres the magical and quite fluffy epilogue! I hope you liked it.

A final authors note btw will be posted tomorrow.. ^_^

-Claire xx