Chapter 2- Something New

< Nikki POV>

The moment that I got back to school, I felt distant to everyone. I ignored my suitors, never talked to anyone, except to Melissa, the school librarian and Bridget.

"50th boquet of flowers as of today." I dumped the boquet of daisies in the trash can beside my locker. Man, this people don't even get that I hate daisies! "And they still won't stop."

"Nikki, just give them a chance." Bridget huffed.

"No, Why don't they just give me a break?!" I retorted.

I never liked my suitors, not even a bit! I know some really fancies me, but most are just aiming at a popular girl, and if they get rejected, they sometimes try to get Bridget's attention, that's why i never spoke to them. Ever.

"Well then, lets get you somewhere else, wanna go to the mall?" She asks.

"Yeah sure." I forced a smile on my lips as she drags me to the parking lot, and off we go to the mall.

+ + + + + +

"What are we doing here?" I question as Bridget drags me inside a spa/salon.

" We're gonna have a makeover!!" Bridget cheers.

What?

"Good afternoon Miss Hale, Miss Collins." the cashier girl greets.

Yeah we're usuals in this place, well, Bridget is.

"The usual, Miranda." Bridget states. "for two."

Then proceeds the massage, manicure, pedicure, etc. then next with the hair.

"What shall we do with your hair miss?" the stylist asks me.

"Umnm.."

"Oh," Bridget interrupts. " Cut her hair until past her shoulders, straighten it, and dye it velvet red."

I widen my eyes.

'What was that?" I ask her.

"I'm thinking you need to start on something new. You know, get over, get a new look." She looks up me , then goes back flicking the pages on the magazine she's reading.

After a few hours of trimming, styling, and dyeing, I looked different.

"Wow, this is something new." I gasp.

"Told yah you would like it." Bridget smiles.

"Yeah, thanks Bridge!!!" I hug her tight.

+ + + + + + +

"Whats this?"

"Papers." Melissa non-chalantly replied.

She's Melissa Park. Mature, Smart, Intimidating. She's Bridget's cousin at the same time she's also in-charge of her, kinda like a manager to her, well she acts like one.

"I know they're papers, I meant what kind of papers?"

"Your application form at uni, your passport, and your sister's message." she hands me the papers, picking the white envelope first for Molly's letter.

I read the letter silently, word by word. Like what? she wants me to study in london?

"I'm transferring to Uni? Does mom know this?"

"Oh sure she knows it. Your mum actually wants you to study there, and get away from your ex." Bridget responded.

Well, that something new. At first, i though she doesn't care about us eversince dad's death, but i was wrong. What do you know, maybe she has a heart afterall.