Trip

Makenna's POV

I entered clutching William's Journal so tightly I don't think I could breath, he was rummaging through his backpack, and cursing under his breath. I cleared my throat which made him pause for a splits second.

"Um.. William? Looking for this?" I asked, he turned around, to probably call me off but he smiled.

"Cool Thanks!" He snatched it from me.

He paused for a second and stared at me.

"Did you read this?" I shook my head.

"Then how do you have it?" He asked more coldly, I take a deep breath.

"I was coming to talk to you, and it was lying in the grass.. abandoned."

He nods, and stuffs it in his bag.

"So you know it's a journal?"

"Yeah."

"Ok..."

He took the book back out, and started jotting down some stuff. I couldn't do it.. not now.. not ever. I was about to walk out.. so I stopped with my head peeking in.

"So... William?"

"Yeah?"

"I like you too." I blurted, and I walked out awkwardly, leaving an aghast William wondering. I walked fast back to Amanda and I sat on my pillows clutching one very hard against my chest.

"Uh oh.. that doesn't look good." Amanda said, walked over and looking in my eyes.

"What happened?"

"He got angry about you know.. the journal YOU took, but I didn't bail you out, and I left, and before I did... I told him. "I like you too." and I walked out.. without giving him a chance to speak." I say breathing as steady as I could.

"Oh..." She was interrupted by the sound of footsteps and then the "door" unzipped, and William's  head appeared. I was hyperventilating quietly now.

...

...

"Hey... um.. can I talk to you.." Amanda stepped up trying to get him to leave.

"Yeah, you can talk to me... let's step out here."

"Woah woah.. not you." I let my fingers go numb against the pillow.

"Makenna." He said. I stood up, and ignored the "you don't have to" Amanda beside me.

"Ok." I said, and I walked out. He walked past me and into his tent.

"You like me?" He asks, and looked me straight in the eyes. Oh crap.. his stare though.

I didn't dare speak.. so I nodded faintly. He smiled and I saw him slightly blush.

"Have you ever dated?" I heard him ask.

I shook my head. "Um.. no.." He looked me in the eyes, and then he leaned closer... and closer...and he kissed me. I never kissed... so I let him kiss me. I tried kissing back, and it must of been right cause he didn't seem to notice my failure. My heart was racing and then he pulled away. I smiled at him and then Jarren's head popped in saying something about breakfast. I pulled away awkward and I put my head down. I wasn't able to breath at all, the entire breakfast. My first kiss... at 12 years old.

        Amanda's POV

Makenna has been quiet.. but everyone else was as talkative as ever. We had bunny for breakfast.. and actually Michael found some one day after expiration date eggs, to eat. Apparently Alex knew how to cook eggs with Julia and my help. Breakfast was the best we had in weeks. I felt awkward eating bunny, but Jacob did catch it after all. I ate it, and it tasted like chicken, but more bitter. I finished my plate, but I noticed that Makenna was red in the face and she hadn't barely touched anything. Edventually after everyone but Michael was done, she handed the plate to me.