Seperated

Sarah's POV
~Edited~

Kareena and I got out, I looked back to see if I could find Rebecca, but she wasn't there, Kareena and I started chasing what I thought was TJ, when a huge horde of those things chased us completely away from the direction he was running. Kareena stood there with the pencil the teacher gave her. I grabbed it from her and stabbed the first one I saw, I tried to pull the pencil out but it was stuck, so I grabbed Kareena's hand and ran towards the park district, actually past and down the road to the first stop light. There were traffic jams and people were screaming, I ran down away from the things on the road, and surprisingly.. I wasn't as fast as Kareena, she was running for dear life. I chased her down the block until we reached a gas station. She took me by the shoulder and shoved me inside, locking the door after us. She slumped too the ground and just looked at me, and started slapping her face.

"Kareena.. Kareena! What are you doing?" I yell. I quickly shut my mouth, as I realized that wasn't the best thing to do right now.

"I need to wake up!" She said hitting herself again.

"Your fine!" I say holding her hands down. She cries a little, she wasn't the one to deserve this, she doesn't even take karate like I do. Though, this is flesh eating Apocalypse.

"I want to wake up!" She sobs.

"This isn't a dream.. sorry to burst your bubble but its reality." I draw a rainbow with my fingers. But it isn't time to laugh. I touch her cheek and put my face in my hands.

"What do we do now?" I whisper. She shrugs out of the corner of my eye.

"Let's try and find other groups... please its worth it!" She pleads. I stand up.

"I'm scared.. we need to find supplies... like in the movies." she says.

"This isn't the movies!" I snap. She looks taken back, but shakes it off and starts walking around.

She finds some food, and then smiles.

"Well... I didn't eat my snack!" She exclaims, opening a bag of Fritos. I laugh a little, and then take the Fritos and take a handful out.

"Hey, get your own!" She retorts. I roll my eyes, and use the backpack I took, and stick everything I can inside. Mostly food, and water. It's like in the movies! Bad thing too relate it to but Its the only I thing I should do right now. I take a pair of scissors from behind the counter.

"Look for a pair of scissors on that side." I command Kareena, and point on the other end of the counter. She nods without saying a word, and I look through bins in the closet. I hear rummaging coming from the bathrooms, so I enter and couldn't believe what I saw.

Kareena's POV

I ran too the rooms looking for anything when I'm interuppted by a blood-curling scream. Sarah. I run to the room Sarah was in, but she wasn't there. I run to the bathrooms. I see a zombie banging on the stalls.
"Sarah?" I question, before I realize the zombie would go for me too. I scream and run out of the way as he tries to get me.

"Sarah!" I scream, the zombie jumps on top of me, snapping its teeth, I scream Sarah's name louder as I hold him up as best I could. I back up under the handicapped big stall, and then I realized it wasn't locked, and he easily barged in. He lands on top of me again. Then suddenly he reaches his head down to bite my neck, and he became still. I look up too see Sarah with her scissors held high in the air, she was breathing rapidly. I push it off and back into the corner, incase it was still alive. Though it wasn't, it wasn't cause she hit it right in the brain! You could see part of its brain splattered on her shirt and knife. She was wincing. She had cut herself with the scissors. She backs up a little and then runs away from the stalls. I see her huddle under the sinks. I limp over to her. Man that zombie crushed my leg. She looks at me.

I speak in a clear tone, "Sarah, its ok, you can come out now.... its gone... it won't bother you anymore." I knew when she went into one of those places in time when she just won't speak too you, you have to treat her like a 4 year old too get her to listen to you. I bend down and she nods and crawls out.

"I know he's dead, but we have to face a million of those things outside, and we can't even kill one without having a near death expierence?" She confronts me, and I don't know what to say.

She starts too whimper, "I want to go back to school, right now! I want it to be over! Almost everyone is dead.... and we are 12! 12, Kareena! This isn't right.. why would God do this to us?" She says kneeling over the counter and using a tissue too wash out the blood in her clothes. Suddenly, I notice the bloody toilet paper on the sink.

"Sarah did you use those?" I ask pointing too the paper towels. She shakes her head and kneels to look a closer look at them.

She suddenly walks away from me, and goes to the stall we never entered. She cries in terror, and I run over and then feeling sick, I back away. Inside was ... BLOOD, lots of blood everywhere... there was pieces of flesh too. And in the toilet, was a mess of vomit, and blood... blood lots of it. Plus.. the worst part of all... there was an arm. NO body... just a missing arm. A loner arm. I whisper "Oh God..." and let my voice vibrate. Sarah looks around the stall.

"I know what happened, I'm pretty good at this cause it looked like this person had gotten bit-" She pauses at the sight of a screwdriver.

"Then they tried to clean it up, but failed. So they came into this stall... and probably vomited cause they were turning. Then they used a screwdriver too try and hack off their arm.. it worked... and they lost a lot of blood and turned."

I looked at her with my eyebrows raised.."Your telling me this all happened, and nobody ever came in and saw... not even the person working at the counter."

"This probably was the person working at the counter! Look!" She exclaims. I look down too see the walker with a badge with his name on it. Leon. Leon died... I felt so bad. I saw the missing arm and that the stump was bandaged with paper towels. Sarah shook her head and walked away.

"For once, I miss my sister." I say.

"I know you do."