Orphanage.

Deceit climbed out of the tree house from the window, he dropped down, footsteps silent behind the man. 

"I'm hear. What do you want." he feigned ignorance, he had a burst of confidence as his boyfriend and friend were standing next to him. 

''Your parents died two days ago in a car crash. You need to go to the orphanage. I'm sorry for your loss." the man spoke in a level tone, adding a bit of sadness for the last sentence.

deceit showed no emotion.

"it's okay to cry-"

"Just take me where I need to go already."

the man was confused that Deceit felt seemingly nothing after learning of his parent's death. the man nodded and lead deceit out of the woods towards a van with some orphanage name printed on it. 

Deceit hesitated as the man looked back at Remus and Virgil "You two can't come. apologies."

Remus and Virgil moved forward and glared at the man threateningly, standing next to Deceit like bodyguards.

The man sighed "Fine, just come to the orphanage if you would, we have been searching for you for two days. You've caused a mess at the police station and orphanage. we need to call and say we found you." 

Deceit frowned at the ground, "Sorry I-"

Virgil growled "Don't apologize to him. He shouldn't be acting like that to someone who just lost their family." 

Virgil took Deceit's hand and lead him into the back. He passed Remus and whispered as the man climbed into the van "If he starts leading us to some abandoned warehouse knock him out okay?"

Remus nodded and climbed into the front. his appearance was relaxed but his eyes were alert and trained on the man discreetly.

The van started and they started going down the road towards the outskirts of town. 

deceit leaned against Virgil and closed his eyes tiredly, "Go ahead and sleep Love." Virgil kissed his forehead.

the man looked back at them and made a disgusted face, Remus's eyes narrowed. "What is it old man?"

"This goes against the will of god."

deceit snapped tiredly "Oh shut it and just drive."

Virgil and Remus looked at him in surprise. Where had that burst of confidence come from?

373 words