Treating Others With Love.

Deceit clutched the sides of the sink as he cried. "why? Why does the world hate me?!"

He took off his shoe, examining the blade. He clutched it tightly in his fist and saw droplets of blood appear from the sides of his hand slowly.

He opened his palm again, seeing a cut on it. It would heal. Hopefully it would do anything serious.

He heard the door and tried to run into a stall as a hand grabbed his arm.

"You.." It was Virgil's voice. "you do this to yourself?"

Deceit was frozen. "..."

"why? Why do you do this? I can see the blade. And the drops of blood coming from your hand."

"I.. I just... I don't.. Why do... Why do you care?"

"I didn't want this to happen. And why would you do this if you had been the one who hurt people?"

"I didn't hurt anybody. Well, not you anyway." Deceit wiggled his arm free.

"what? But you cheated?"

Deceit shook his head "that was a lie to make you break up with me. I never made the lie either."

Virgil was shocked "so.. So.. What would have happened if I hadn't.. If I hadn't left you..?"

Deceit sighed "I don't know. I would probably be okay. Or maybe not. People were bullying me for a while. I didn't want you to get caught up in anything so I never tried to prove myself innocent to you. You were swept up by the popular students. Why should I ruin the good you have? What right do I have to take that away?"

"you.. I.. Why..?" he couldn't say anything as he hugged Deceit "why did I listen to them?" he sobbed.

Deceit hugged him, "It's okay. It's not your fault."

Virgil suddenly pulled away and looked up at him "you should be punching me! Yelling at me. Not hugging me and telling me it isn't my fault. Honestly I deserve so much worse for-"

"-No one deserves to be hurt Virgil. No one. Not you. Not me. Not Logan. Nor Roman. Never Patton. Neither Remus. No matter what someone does, they never deserve something bad to happen to them." Deceit spoke seriously.

Vigil was rendered speechless. "I...You.. Why..? When..? Who..? I.. Just.. You can't.. You can't be nice to everyone." he finally put a sentence together.

Deceit shook his head "Nope. I can be nice. It doesn't take much effort. I don't care if someone punches me. If they miss and hit some wall or locker behind me I'll still ask if they're okay. Someday the world will thank me. Someday the world will show me love for treating others with love."

447 words