Chapter 62- Skating

Everyone now knew Demi was pregnant as her bump kind of gave it away. Alexa was extremely close to me which made Demi slightly jealous of our relationship although she would never admit to it.

Demi had phoned her mom about how Alexa was reacting to the new baby who reassured that it was all fine and that's how Dallas had reacted as well when Demi was born.

Everywhere we went it was getting ready for Christmas. Alexa loved looking at the pretty lights and Christmas things.

Demi was very much in the Christmas mood as she constantly played Christmas music around the house and made us watch Christmas films all the time.

Alexa was happier now it was coming up to Christmas and I couldn't wait for us to spoil her on Christmas Day.

Although being pregnant, Demi was still always busy much to my own dismay and was always in the studio or working on new things.

I had taken time off work to try and sort things out a bit as well as look after Alexa. Since we found out Demi was having a girl, she had gone overboard ordering things that were now sitting in what will be the nursery.

I had sleepily said goodbye to Demi early this morning when she left and Alexa had climbed into bed with me and gone back to sleep.

At about nine, I went and showered and got ready drying my hair in another room so to not wake Alexa.

I had just finished my hair when I saw my baby come in the room.

"What you want to do today baby? We could go Christmas shopping or we could go meet Santa or we could go to the cinema or we go could go ice skating." I said trying to list as many things as I could.

"Ice skating?" She questioned cutely. I showed her a couple of pictures of ice skaters and she seemed excited to go.

I got Alexa ready into warm clothes and her winter coat. She didn't used to like wearing a coat but she got to pick this one herself so now she loves it.

I phoned Lea to ask if she wanted to go with us. She was more than happy and we met up at the ice rink.

Lea and I got ice skates and Alexa had to get ones to clip on to her tiny shoes. We stood and watched for a long time while Lea and I reassured Lexie that it would all be fine on the ice.

Eventually we got her on the ice and holding on to both of our hands- we all began to move around the ice. Alexa was petrified on the ice but we got round the whole rink taking baby steps and her confident really built up. After going round a few more times, I could see her fear depart and she allowed herself to enjoy it.

I loved hearing Alexa's laughter. It really was the most precious sound in the world to me.

"Mama I'm doing it!" She shouted after letting go of my hand and taking her first solo steps on the ice.

After skating around together, I got Lea to take a picture of me and my baby on the ice which I posted on the Internet, knowing they would go mad. Both Demi and I's fans loved Alexa and were constantly fangirling over our precious family.

I adored my special days with Lexie that allowed me to just watch her grow up. Although I did miss my little baby Lexie, I was so proud at how much she had improved since Demi had adopted her. This would be our last Christmas as a family of three as it wouldn't be long before we had another little baby in the house.