Chapter 49- Fixing Her Heart

I held my baby sister in my arms as she cried her eyes out.

"So this is what you and Bea fell out about? Baby, you know I was only one phone call away if you were feeling like that, I could have helped. Mom and dad will need to know now though." I told her.

"I'm sorry Demi, I'm sorry." She stuttered.

"Shh now baby, it's okay I've got you. Lie down and try and get some sleep."

She got comfy on the bed and I wrapped an arm around her and made her my little spoon. I took a long time but she eventually fell asleep.

After a while of Maddie's soft snores, there was a gentle knock at the door. I untangled myself from Maddie and opened the door to see Naya.

"How is she?" Naya asked coming in and sitting on one of the other beds.

"She's been cutting and Bea wanted her to stop and get help, that's what they fell out about." I explained sitting next to her.

"And you? How are you holding up?" She asked taking a hold of my hand and rubbing her thumb over it.

"I wish I had spent more time making sure she was okay when she clearly wasn't." I admitted sheepishly looking at my feet.

She used her spare hand to pull my chin up so I was looking into her eyes.

"This is not your fault okay? None of this is. And things will get better." She told me firmly.

There was something about Naya that always amazed me. No one had ever had so much control over me. She made my mind go crazy thinking about her. I loved the way she said my name and how she frowned when she was concentrating on something. I loved that she tells everyone about her daughter although Alexa isn't legally Naya's. I love how she can read me like a book and knows how I'm feeling. The connection I have with Naya is something that no one else has ever made me feel and I loved it.

"Whatcha thinking about there?" Naya said breaking me from my thoughts.

"You." I replied with smile. "How you make me feel on the inside and how much I love you."

"Cute. I love you too, so much." She said kissing my lips softly.

***

My parents decided to cut their holiday short and flew home with Maddie three days later.

Although my parents were still extremely upset they were strong for Maddie's sake and were taking her to get help. My mum had dealt with me and we both now had contacts who could help my sister into recovery.

So now it was only Naya, Alexa, myself, Dallas and Bea left. Bea had wanted to go back with Maddie to support her but Maddie had eventually convinced her to stay with us.

I felt guilty knowing that Maddie was feeling hurt when I was having fun but both Naya and Maddie told me multiply times that it was okay to be happy.

My family was the most important thing to me. It was always unfortunate that out life was never an easy one.

A/N

I'm actually disappointed in myself at how truly awful this actually is and I can only apologise to you for that.

I have a couple of suggestions I was given but I'm not sure how well they will work so please send me more- I love it when you do.

Again, I'm so sorry for this update. I promise I'll try harder.