Chapter 6- Let's Go

It had been two weeks since I had officially started going out with Naya and so far it was perfect.

We hadn't came out publicly yet as we wanted to be sure it would work out especially with Lexie involves but I had a pretty good feeling she would be in Lexie and I's lives for a very long time.

After Lexie had whispered to me, I had been full of hope that she would started speaking more or at least to me in the house but it never happened.

On some nights, I would be lucky to hear her say 'love you' to me but it wasn't something I expected.

Today we were going to Texas to see my family for a few days so they could meet Alexa and then flying to Europe.

I had to do a benefit concert in Spain so we had decided to make a bit of a holiday of it. I had invited Naya with me since she had some time off filming glee.

My parents and my sisters were so excited to meet my little girl and I knew they would freak when they saw how adorable she was.

As Naya and I had stated dating, she had been around a lot more and had got really close to Alexa. I was still her favourite but I was happy she had let Naya into life.

"Baby girl, it's time to wake up.  We are going to see your Nana and Grampa,  Auntie Dallas and Auntie Maddie today." She rolled over ignoring me, just like me she was never any good at getting up.

I left her in her bed and went to run her a bath. Every morning since I had adopted her,  Alexa would freak out at being put in the bath. She hated it especially when I had to wash her hair. She would pull the plug out, soak me as well as that, there would be multiple escape attempts. And the worse thing for me was, I didn't know why she hated it so much.

Once the bath was ready, I went back and got Alexa. She quickly realised it was her bath time and started lashing out at me. I got her into the bathroom and locked the door, she was still too little to undo the bolt so it kept her in. Once she realised there was no way out, she stood still and burst in to tears.

"Shh baby, mummy won't hurt you. Mummy can't make it better if she doesn't know what's wrong. Can you be a brave girl and speak to mummy?" I asked her. It was a big expectation, getting her to talk but it would always be worth a shot. She just stood there in silence.

"Remember mummy isn't going to hurt you. I'm just trying to get you cleaned up." I said in another attempt to reassure her.

Naya knocked on the door and I unlocked it for her.  Alexa tried to make a run for it, only to be scooped up in Naya's arms.

"Naya got you some presents for the bath but she forgot to give you them." Naya said revealing a load of bath toys.

Naya came in and locked the door again. She helped me undress Alexa and put her in the bath. Her new toys distracted her and I got her bath done a lot quicker. It still wasn't easy but it was much better than normal.

Naya was all ready to leave so she offered to get Alexa ready and look after her while I got myself ready.

After I had showered and gotten ready, I went downstairs to find Alexa watching Selena on Wizards and Naya cooking breakfast. I snuck up behind Naya, wrapped my arms around her and started leaving kisses on the back of her neck.

"Demi you know I love you but can you unwrap yourself from me so I can serve our food." Naya said giggling. I wasn't going to but then I heard my daughter's cries and I rushed out the room.

"Lexie baby, what's wrong?" I asked. I picked her up and quickly noticing her jeans were soaked through. I realised what happened and picked her up.

"It's just an accident baby. It could have happened to anyone."

I carried her upstairs and got her changed into a new outfit much to her dismay.

"Stay here with Naya and eat your breakfast while mummy goes to the shops quickly." She screamed and grabbed my legs, not wanting me to leave. Naya picked Alexa up, I kissed them both and went to the store.

When I got back I could still hear Alexa screaming and Naya begging her to eat. I walked in and gave Naya a kiss.

"Alexa you are not allowed to scream at the table." I said firmly. She carried on so I picked her up and placed her in the corner. She didn't put up a fight in the corner she just sat there and sulked. I sat at the table with Naya and ate my breakfast she had made before taking Alexa out of her timeout and spoon feeding her own food to her.

Once I was satisfied with the amount she'd eaten, I carried her upstairs along with the bag from the store. I took her short and panties off and put a pull up on her so she didn't have to worry if she had any more accidents. I put her shorts back on and her converse and took her downstairs where Max and Naya were waiting.

Max drove us to the airport and we checked in with no hassle. Alexa was still pretty tired from having to get up earlier than normal and hadn't quite worked out what was happening.

You know those annoying babies that won't stop crying for the whole flight well that was Alexa. She hated it. Eventually after three hours our plane landed and I took my baby off to see my family.