Chapter 43- What is Wrong?

I took Alexa to the Glee set again so we could pick Naya up. We were a bit early so I decided to actually go in and say hello to everyone. However the minute we arrived paparazzi, who were hanging around in hope that they would get a shot of something, spotted my car.

I could hear Alexa's breathing begin to quicken and small whimpers come from her as she watched the paps come closer to the car.

"Lexie, mommy's going to come around and get you and then carry you inside so they can't hurt you okay? Mommy will keep you safe." I said in attempt to calm her down and reassure her.

I leaned into the back of the car and unstrapped her from her car seat. She grabbed her blanket off the seat next to her and pulled it close to her for comfort. As quick as I could I got to her car door and got her out before heading inside.

It killed me on the inside as I felt my daughter shaking with fear and heard her tears as I walked. I headed straight to Naya's dressing room knowing that it would most likely be empty and I would be able to calm her down there.

When I reached it I found Naya and Lea talking, waiting for their scenes to be shot. Lea stood up and side hugged me while Naya kissed my lips and then Alexa's head.

"What's wrong princess?" Naya asked after Lea had left the room insisting on giving us some privacy.

"There were some paps and they kinda if mobbed us." I explained. Alexa was still holding onto me as tight as she could even though she wasn't speaking. I put her down for a second while Naya got me a water bottle. Alexa's cries got louder again as she tried to get back into my arms.

"Baby let mommy sit down because her foot and then we can cuddle. You need to calm down and take deep breaths." I said sitting down on her sofa. The minute I did so she attempted to scramble onto my lap eventually getting help up from Naya. I held her close and gave her little sips from the water. I manoeuvred her so she was comfortable and soon enough she was asleep.

It wasn't until we were back at home that she began to stir. I had brought her in from the car and put her on the sofa so we could keep an eye on her. Her arms and legs thrashed about violently as what was clearly a nightmare got stronger.

"Baby wake up. It's just a bad dream. Wake up baby." I shook her slightly until her eyes opened and the tears started again. I picked her up and bounced her on my hip which helped to decrease the cries.

"Baby I'm going to get mama, can you pick us a film to all watch together?" She nodded at me so I put her down and went to find Naya.

When we came back Alexa was sitting quietly with a DVD on her lap.

"What did you pick princess?" Naya asked her. She smiled when Alexa held up the little mermaid. "That's my favourite." Naya said. In reality Naya said that to every DVD that Alexa picked but it always made Alexa smile.

We watched the movie cuddled up like everything was normal. Occasionally Alexa would have a giggling fit at Sebastian or Max the Dog which at least put a small smile on my face for the time being.

Naya left us nearer the end of the film to start making dinner. I could see Alexa had tensed up but she was still trying to focus on the film. Naya shouted us through once it was ready and I sat Alexa in her chair while Naya served her plate.

Naya and I were trying to keep a conversation and involved Alexa but she wasn't having any of it.

"Alexa you need to pick up your fork and start eating now please." Naya told her firmly.

"Come on baby girl, eat a bit for mommy." I tried with a softer tone but Alexa pushed her plate further away.

"Alexa you haven't eaten all day. You need to get this food in you so you don't get sick. Now eat up." Naya told her again. Her breathing quicker and tears formed in her eyes. I couldn't stand to see my baby like this so I picked her up.

Once her tears stopped I put her back down and went to the cupboard to get her a bottle so she would calm down properly.

"Demi she doesn't need a bottle now. She can have one after her food. She'll just get full up on milk and won't eat proper food." Naya told me. I guess she was right this time.

I picked her up again and sat down with her on my lap. I glanced at Naya and she knew what to do. I knew that without proper food she would get sick very quickly so I restrained her tightly while Naya force fed her.

It was a horrible sight to watch. My daughter struggling and being so horrifically upset just so she could eat. Once I thought she had eaten enough I loosened my grip on her.

She wiggled away from me and just stood and looked at me. I could see the fear that filled her eyes as she looked from me to Naya.

"Baby calm down and come give mommy cuddles." I said crouching down to her height. She started backing away from me and shaking her head at me.

Suddenly she turned away from me and started throwing up her food. My instincts kicked in and I rushed over to her.

"Angel you need to calm down and take some deep breaths, it will be okay in a second." I said as I rubbed her back with one hand and held her hair with the other.

She stopped being sick and Naya handed with a wipe to clean her face while she started cleaning up the sick for me. It didn't take her long as there wasn't too much. I carried her to the living room and sat her in between both of us.

"Princess what's been going on with you recently? We need to know so we can make it better." Naya said softly.

"Please baby. Nothing you say will make us love you any less." I said encouraging her.

"Auntie Dally took to the park and the girl and then I couldn't and I didn't and I'm stupid." She said all at once, breaking down.

"Baby you need to speak a bit slower so we can try and understand you better. Auntie Dallas took you to the park when you were staying there and you met a girl there. What happened with the girl?" I asked as Naya pulled her onto her lap and I held her hands.

"There were writing and she was reading it but I couldn't cause I'm stupid." She said again this time a little bit slower.

"That doesn't mean you're stupid baby. You are a really smart, beautiful princess- people are just smart in different ways." Naya said then kissing her head.

"Baby you're really special and we love you just the way you are okay." I told her.

"So you no hate me?" Her small voice said looking up at me. I shot the biggest smile I had.

"I love you so much baby, so so much."

"I love you too mommy and mama." She with a small giggle.