Chapter 28- Maddie

"So you gonna tell me why you ran away to see me then?" I said as I sat down next to Maddie.

She was sitting crossed legged on my bed and kept fidgeting with her hands so I knew she was nervous.

"Things at home have been really rough." She said in almost a whisper.

"What do you mean sweetheart? How they rough?" I asked her.

"The keep bullying me and I can't stand it Dem. I can't make them stop and I can't even think right anymore." She told me now in tears. I pulled her down so we were both laying on the bed and snuggled into her.

"It's going to get better Mads, trust me. You haven't, you know, self harmed have you?" She looked down and I knew her answer.

"Where are your blades?"

"I left them at the house. I needed to be away from them so I didn't take them with me." She said crying.

"Promise me?"

"I promise Dems. You won't tell anyone will you?" She said.

"Maddie you can't expect me to keep a secret like this. Mum and Eddie are so worried about you and Naya will ask why you're here and Dallas is concerned too." I told her. It was true their was no way I could keep this from my family.

"Please Demi, no, please! I'm not crazy!" She begged me starting to shout.

"I wasn't crazy either Maddie but therapy does help, there are ways to get through this." I explained trying my best to calm her down.

"No! I'm not going! Please Demi." She shouted. I heard footsteps and a knock on the door before Naya entered our room.

"Is everything okay? We can hear shouting." Naya said to us. Maddie was bawling her eyes out into me.

"Not really babe, Maddie isn't in a very good place right now." I told Naya sending her a look telling her I'd explain later. Naya came over to us and hugged Maddie.

"It gets better soon sweetheart." She said softly before leaving again. I pulled Maddie even closer to me and she started to relax a bit. I quietly started singing warrior and soon enough she was asleep. I stayed with her for a while before deciding to go see Naya.

"Hey babe. How you feeling?" Naya said as I came into the living room.

"Shit."I said as I walked over to her. She was sitting on the sofa watching TV but she pulled me on to her lap and I leant my head onto her chest.

"She's being bullied and she self harms and I didn't even notice." I explained.

"You weren't with her okay babe, this is not your fault. You just need to be here for her recovery." Naya said before giving me a quick kiss. "How about she stays here for a bit so you can keep an eye on her?"

"Are you sure you'd be okay with that Nay I mean you're here too?" I asked her. Letting Maddie stay with us would definitely be a lot harder than just looking after Alexa and I knew it would take its toll on both of us.

"Yes baby, she's our family. She's always welcome here." She kissing my lips and making me the happiest girl alive.

A/N

Okay so here's the update and yeah I know it's short.

1. What do you think will happen to Maddie?
2. Will Alexa like having Maddie around or will she become jealous and act spoilt?

Stay Strong❤️