Chapter 8- Texas Troubles

We'd been at the house for a few hours now and Alexa was still on edge about being around my family. Naya was doing a great job at keeping her calm and distracted meaning I got to spend time with my sisters and parents.

Currently I was curled up on the sofa talking to Dallas about my new music and had Alexa cuddled into my chest. I was rubbing her back slowly as it kept her calm but I could tell she was falling asleep on me.

"Stay awake baby girl, we need to eat dinner now. Mommy will put you to bed after dinner." I told her. She cuddled into me even tighter if that was even possible.

I carried to the dinner table where my mum was serving all the food up. She had made far too much food for us as always.

"This all tastes really good baby, mommy will help feed you but you have to eat something." I told her. She had never tried any of it before when she was with me so I wasn't sure if she would want to eat it.

We all sat down and started eating. I tried to feed Alexa but she wouldn't eat it. Naya tried instead but again, with no result. She was now crying and everyone else apart from Naya kept giving me looks expecting me to stop her.

"Just ignore her if she doesn't want to eat when we're eating, she'll be sitting on her own until she eats it." I told them.

We all finished and cleared up leaving Alexa on her own. I wanted her to know she had go eat on her own but my mum had other plans.

"Do you want Nana to help?" My mom asked Alexa.

She didn't give her time to respond before putting the spoon in her mouth. She finally finished and Naya took her up to bed for me.

We had set up a small bed in my old room for Alexa but I could already see her sneaking into the double bed with Naya and I tonight. Naya came back down and sat with me after tucking her in but it was only minutes later we could hear footsteps moving around from upstairs.

Alexa appeared in the living room door way stood in her tiny frozen pyjamas that were way too big on her.  You could see that she had a pull up underneath them but no one in the family cared. She had her blonde hair up in bunches and even though I should have been getting her in trouble for being out of bed, she was too adorable.

"Smile for mommy." I said taking a picture on my phone of her. After I had taken the photo, she climbed on my lap and put her hands around my ear.

"Night mommy, I love you." She whispered.

"Did you forget to say it before bed?" I asked and she nodded.

"Do you want mummy cuddles before I put you back to bed?" Again, she nodded and I cradled her in my arms.

Naya went and got me her bottle to give her while I cuddled her. She just lay in my arms looking up at me while I looked down at her.
She took the bottle easily from me and I feed her it as if she was a tiny baby in my arms.

She only managed to finish half of her bottle before her eyes shut and she began to sleep.

I kept her in my arms for a while afterwards as just enjoyed having her there but eventually we decided to take her back up to bed with us.