Chapter 45- School Time

I left Alexa downstairs after Abby left. She had gone off to play anyway and I needed some alone time. I ran myself a bath but left the door open so I could hear if Alexa needed me.

I got into the bath and let myself relax. The bath was one of the only places I was able to relax recently. I heard the front door open and Naya shout.

After about five minutes she came upstairs and entered the bathroom.

"Hey baby, wait, have you been crying?" She said giving me a kiss and wiping away my year tracks.

"Just a little."

"Aw baby what's up? Why is my beautiful girl sad?" Naya said to me.

"Just Alexa was talking to Abby and she really got on well but they were talking about what Alexa likes and I knew none of it." I said as tears started again.

"Demi she's four, she changes her mind constantly. You know that child like the back of your hand. Are you sure you're not feeling upset cause your little baby is growing up?" Naya quizzed me.

"A bit."

"Well one day we can do this all over again when we have another child but every parent feels this babe. She's more independent but she will always need her mummy." Naya reassured me.

I sat up and pulled her close so I could kiss her. She happily obliged and I felt myself smile into our kiss.

***

Abby had started officially about a week ago and as far as I could tell, she was great with Alexa. I was so pleased that I had found the right person for my daughter straight away.

Abby would arrive at the house at ten and would work with Alexa while I worked in my office then they would have a break for lunch. Once I had finished the business side of things I would go to the studio while Abby stayed with Alexa finishing her schoolwork for a few hours until Naya came home.

Alexa had been extremely tired since starting school which was to be expected as she wasn't used to working all day yet. Abby had started giving her dinner and getting her ready for bed before Naya and I came home due to her tiredness.

Today however, Naya and I had both finished work early so had told Abby not to worry about her nighttime routine.

We decided to go out for dinner as a family in order to spend some time together. We didn't want to go anywhere fancy just neither of us could be bothered cooking.

When we reached the diner we had decided to eat at, Alexa was extremely fussy about her food and started having a tantrum when I asked her what she wanted to order.

I decided to take her outside and calm her down so not to disrupt other people while Naya ordered for us.

"Alexa you can not have tantrums when mommy asks you something. What is wrong with the food in the diner?" I asked her.

"Just feel sicky, sorry mommy."

I felt her forehead to find it was a normal temperature. I pressed her tummy but it felt normal and she didn't look sick so I just decided that I would keep an eye out for it getting worse.

When our food arrived, Alexa barely touched it, groaning about not feeling well. We decided not to fight with her has she would only get worse.

"How are you liking being homeschooled princess? Is Abby nice?" Naya asked her while we continued with our food.

"I like learning new stuffs. Abby tells me lots." She mumbled vaguely. She was on my lap cuddled into my chest while I finished eating but I could tell she was almost asleep.

"Babe go to sleep on mommy if you want? I'll carry you once we are finished." I told her but she shook her head and mumbled something about being awake. My strange child.