Chapter 27

Time is agonizing. I pace back and forth in the lounge room, phone in one hand and a test I thought I wouldn’t need for a few more years at least in the other, with Carol seated on the couch.

‘Can you please just sit down, your starting to make my head spin and soon you may begin to make marks on the floor, if you continue to pace at this speed,’ Carol says lying down on the couch.

‘But I haven’t got any news from either.’

‘Have you even thought of how your gonna tell him? If it is positive.’

‘No, I haven’t even thought of how he may react.’

‘Well we shouldn’t start worrying to much now, these things give false positives and negatives all the time, that’s why we will be going to the doctors no matter what the results are.’

‘I really don’t want this to be happening, not this early in my life anyway.’

‘Why?’

‘Well one my parents are already furious with me and this will just tip them over the edge even more, and two they have both told me directly to my face that they don’t like Nathan.’

‘Why’s that?’

‘Why’s what? That they don’t like Nathan?’

Carol lifts her head from her phone to look me straight in the face nodding her head with my last question waiting for me to give her an answer.

‘Well they never really gave me a reason why they don’t like him, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with him being famous and not wanting me in that kind of life style.’

‘Once we get the results, we are going over to your parents house and finding out the real reason why they don’t like Nathan, plus we will also tell them the results. But that means we will have to call into the doctors before hand.’

I place myself in the arm chair opposite Carol, not being able to take my eyes off both the test and my phone, I know Nathan only boarded a few hours ago but it shouldn’t take this long just to get to France. I watch as the little oval space slowly turns to a…. pink positive. My eyes widen, my mouth drops open in complete shock, I’m not even sure if this baby (if there is one) is even Nathan’s I won’t to get his hopes up.

‘I’ll get my jacket,’ Carol says already standing.

I stand from the couch and place the test on the coffee table, and follow Carol out to her car, I turn to shut and lock the front door behind me. I lean over the nearest garden bed by the front door, having the feeling I never want to feel again. The feeling similar to a hang over, that I haven’t experienced in a long time. The throbbing pain of a massive headache or even possibly a migraine, the stabbing in the side just below the rib, causing me to hold my stomach in pain with the feeling that I’m going to throw up.

‘Car…’ I manage to get out before I fall to the ground in more pain then a few seconds ago.

I see Carol throw her bag to the ground and race over to my side, before I place my head in between my knees not being able to take the pain anymore. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks, the gut wrenching feeling takes over, that something is seriously wrong.

‘Come on we should get you to the doctors now,’ Carol tells me as she starts lifting me onto my feet, from under my arms.

I lazily drag my feet along the ground as she takes me to her car. I sit with my legs on the seat, my knees brought up close to my chest, with my head resting on them, looking out the window as we drive. The drive there seems to take forever, I start to slowly close my eyes as my thoughts wonder. I’m awaken to what seems like only two minutes later, Carol is leaning in through the passenger side door shaking my shoulder to wake up.