Chapter 25

I awake to the sound of eerie silence; I spread my arms out over the bed. I slightly open my still sleepy eyes, to see and feel that Nathan is no longer in bed next to me. I prop myself up on one elbow, looking around the room. I glide my hand along the pillow next to me, hearing a slight rustle of paper. I look down at the pillow to see a small piece of paper with writing in it, Nathan's handwriting.

'Thought I'd be a good boyfriend and make you breakfast, met me downstairs, if you want me to prove my love for you.'

I get out of bed putting my jumper on along the way. Once downstairs Nathan is nowhere to be seen. I then turn into the kitchen to find that there is no one there and no breakfast waiting for me at the table. I looked around rather confused at what I saw, or rather what I didn't see. The front four knob turned, the door swung open, revealing a very cheerful Nathan. I stand in the doorway with my arms crossed, as soon as he closed the front door and turned around, he came face to face with a not too happy me.

'What's going you?'

'You tell me. I got your note, where's the breakfast you said you were making?'

He was speechless, looking around seeing if someone or something would give him an excuse. He opens his mouth ready to talk, ready to explain but it's not his voice or his mouth moving.

'I thought you knew by now, he can't cook, if he tried he most like would burn the place down.'

I jump slightly as the husky voice is coming from behind me, I turn around to face a sleepy eyed Tom.

'Tom!! Don't do that please.'

'Do what?' he asks walking over to the fridge.

'Never mind,' I say turning back to face Nathan.

'I'm sorry, but I have better plans than me cooking, and maybe burning the place down, going out for breakfast.'

I wrap my arms around his neck, looking up into his green eyes, my nose resting on his. I can feel his warm breath on my skin.

'Where at?'

'At your favorite diner.'

'Ummm, when do you leave?' I ask changing the topic and the mood in the room.

'Just after lunch, we have to be at the airport, so we can get there just after dark.'

'Oh that doesn't leave us much time then.'

'Do you still want to go out for breakfast then?'

'Of course, just let me quickly get changed and then we can go,' I say racing up the stairs with a huge smile on my face.

I walk into my room, which once a long time ago it was just a spare room, I into my walk-in wardrobe looking for some clothes. There is nothing that seems to catch my eye, thaw when I remember I still have a suitcase full of all my other explores that I haven finished unpacking yet. I look around my whole room for my suitcase but it's nowhere, it is pretty big so they isn't much places it can hide. A though comes to me; maybe it could be in Nathan's room.

I try not to be loud opening my creaky door, as the rest of the boys are still sleeping. I sneak into Nathan's room, the door is open a jar. I continue to walk in thinking no one is in here, that this is how Nathan left it open. I open the door wide, looking around the room for my suitcase. I look over toward the bed and see a lump under the messy sheets. It starts to move; it's head popping out from under the sheets revealing a head, a head of sandy blonde hair all messy.

'Are you his other girl?'

'What? N...no.' I say confused to who she is talking about.  

I continue looking for my suitcase when I spot it in the corner next to Nathan's bed.

'Wait, who are you talking about?' I say turning my head to face her.

'Ahh... Tom,' she says rolling her eyes.

I lay my suitcase down, relieved that she isn't someone Nathan had over, but why is she in his room and not in Tom's. I unzip the main pocket and dig through finding the perfect clothes for breakfast. I walk out the door leaving it open all the way.

'Thomas Parker!!!!' I scream my lungs out startling the rest of the lads awake as their doors fly open.

Loud thuds are followed along the staircase as I stand in the doorway.

'What is it?'

'Really? Would you care to explain her then?' I ask point in the direction of Nathan's bed.

'What’s going on up here?' Nathan says walking up the stairs.

'Oh,' Tom says looking down at the ground his cheeks slightly going a light pink.

'Who is this?' Nath asks as he catches up to Tom and I.

Nathan and I both lock eyes as Tom just stares at the ground.

'Tom who is this?' we both ask in unison.

'This is Keely,' he says moving closer to the bed, wrapping his arm around her.

'Hey guys, hope we didn't disturb you guys last night,' she says extending her hand winking my way.

'No not at all. I'm Kiara and this is Nathan,' I say taking her hand in mine.

I quickly gather my clothes from the end of the bed, and race to the bathroom past Nathan, covering my mouth, trying to fight the upset stomach of needing to throw up. I throw the clothes on the floor, slamming and locking the door behind me.

'Kiara? Are you alright?' Nathan asks through the closed door.

'Yeah, I'll be out in a minute.'

I place my nice lace dress on, brush my hair, not bothering to curl it, and quickly brush my teeth to get rid of the nasty breath. I step out of the bathroom, Nathan sitting at the edge of the bed, watching me as I move closer to him.

'I have a better idea, instead of breakfast.'

I wrap my arms around his neck as I sit on his lap, him placing his hands on my hips, trying to pull me closer.

'What do you have in mind?' he asks looking down, then back up to meet my eyes.

'How about we hang at the beach, its nice and quiet and we can spend the quiet time together before you leave?'

'That sounds...perfect!!' he says lifting me up as he places his lips on mine sending sparks through my body.

He places me gently back on the floor, walking hand in hand downstairs and out the front door.

'Are you sure you're all right? It's not like you to skip breakfast.'

'Yeah I'm fine, I just want to spend every second we have left together.'

'We would be, even with lunch. You positive to skip breakfast?'

'We won't be skipping breakfast, we'll grab something before going to the beach, okay?'

*Half an hour later*

I rest my head on Nathan's chest as he strokes my hair, kissing my head every now and then. With the quiet sound of the waves crashing onto the sand, the distant screams of a game of volleyball being played on the other side of the beach.

'I don't want this to end.'

'It doesn't have to end,' he answers, while I turn and look up into his eyes.

'But you have to leave in an hour.'

'Yeah and that's why I'm going to do this!' he says with a massive grin plastered on his face.

He lifts my off the blanket on the sand, carrying me bridal style down toward the water. i start kicking and scream trying to break free of his grip around my waist and legs.

'No! No! No! Nathan put me down! Nathan! No! Put me down! Please!?'

I hide my face against his chest as we crash against the water, sending us back a bit, falling into the cold water. I stand up ready to march back to the blanket on the sand, Nathan kneels in front of me, wrapping his arms around my waist pushing me back into the water as another waves crashes against us.