Chapter 31

I don’t know what to think anymore, just being on the two-hour plane ride to France. With Nicolla asleep next to me, I stare out the window as we fly through all the puffy clouds, my eyes getting heavy.

START OF NATHAN’S POV

I sit on the plane by myself in first class, my hoodie pulled over my head and my sunglass covering me eyes, so it makes it harder for people to recognize me.

‘Attention please passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will be ready for take off very shortly, out flight attendants will read out the emergency procedures.’

I poke my head out the side of my seat, peering to the front and then the back of the plane as the flight attendants prepare to go through the emergency procedures. I lean back in my seat, getting my phone out of my jean pocket, checking if I have missed calls or messages, nothing. I quickly log onto twitter, to find I have a million mentions or close to it, I scroll through the first few and get really confused.

‘Congratulations Nathan and Kiara!!!’

‘Us fans are all so happy for you both, congratulations!’

‘Sorry sir but all electronics are now to be switched off for take off in a few minutes,’ a lovely brunette flight attendant leans down and explains to me.

‘Thanks,’ I say switching my phone off and placing it back in my pocket.

I lean my head back on the headrest, with all the mentions on twitter running through my head, trying to figure out when they are congratulating us on.

Beep, beep, beep! All seatbelts are to be fastened ready for landing!’

I open my eyes in a daze as a females voice is heard overhead, I look around and see everything the same as when I got onto the plane when we were taking off. I must have fallen asleep through the whole two-hour plane ride.

END OF NATHAN’S POV

I leave the plane and follow everyone else through the corridor into the airport; I move to the side out of everyone’s way and take in the massive French airport. I look at each sign attached to the ceiling as I walk and follow all that read ‘baggage’ hoping I won’t get lost along the way. I reach into my bag feeling around for my phone.

‘You coming?’ asks Nicolla as she turns around to face me.

‘…Yeah,’ I say looking up from my phone, with worry starting to appear.

‘Hey, what’s wrong?’

I’m lost for words, so I just pass my phone to Nicolla with the message still shown on the screen.

Kiara this is meant to be a surprise from Nathan, but he is on the plane as we speak coming back to England to get you, so he can bring you with him to France.

‘Are you going to say it?’

‘Say what?’ Nicolla asks handing me back my phone with a confused look.

‘That you knew this was going to happen. That I should’ve told Nathan…Everything.’

‘Come on let’s just get out of the airport and we’ll talk about it in the car.’

‘See he was meant to stay here in France, not come back to England and get me! He told me he was here for work, having interviews and concerts keeping him and the boys busy!’

‘But do you think it was wise to keep this massive secret from him?’ Nicolla asks getting into the car.

‘I tried telling him when I first found out, but he snapped.’