Chapter 35

I sit at the edge of the bed, staring blankly ahead. I know I've finally found where I belong, I've found my home. The mattress sinks a little with extra weight from Nathan. A small smile spreads across my face, Nathan wraps an arm around my waist, his other hand resting on my leg. I place a hand on top of his, I lean over resting my head on his shoulder.

'Thank you,' I say my smile fading.

'For what?'

'For everything, I don't know what I would do without you in my life,' I say looking down at my wrists.

The scars on my wrists, a constant reminder that nearly a year ago, I nearly gave up on everything. A reminder of my dark times.

'I love you,' Nathan says, kissing the top of my head as we lay back on the bed.

'I love you too.'

I turn on my side, snuggling closer to Nathan, his arms moving up to rest on my stomach. My eyes close slowly to the calming feel of Nathan caressing my stomach.

I awake, stretching as I sit up on the bed, the covers falling down onto my lap. I glance over at the clock find find that it's two in the afternoon, I slept for four hours. I get out of bed, curious as to where Nathan would be. I walk out into the lounge room, I walk towards the couch to find a sleeping Nathan, the remote resting on his chest, rising as he breathes. He tosses and turns for a few seconds before settling back down now lying on his side, I grab the blanket on the back of the couch placing it on him. I take the remote off his chest, walking around to place it back on the coffee table, I feel two arms wrap around my waist, pulling me gently backwards.

'Join me gorgeous,' he says barely above a whisper.

I lay next to him, placing a hand in his hair as I twirl it around in my fingers, I lean closer place a small kiss on his lips. A small smile spreads on his lips, his arm runs up and down my side, coming up to cup my cheek in one hand. In a split second he turns on the couch, leaving me flat on my back with him hovering over me. He pecks my lips before shifting his body lower toward my stomach, he lifts my shirt up slowly, looking back toward me for a protest. Once he doesn't get one he continues lifting my shirt, he places small kisses on my stomach, whispering random words, expressing his love. I can't help but watch him with love and joy, I just know that he is going to be a great dad once the baby is born.

'We still need to think of names.'

'We still have time,' I answer, pulling down my shirt.

I sit up, Nathan moves into the small space between me and the couch as he gives me a neck and back massage. I close my eyes and his hands work their magic, working out all the knots in my neck.

'We should go swimming before it gets too late,' suggests Nathan.

He rests his head on my shoulder, his hands still at work, I give a slight nod in agreement, to relaxed to speak.

'Come on,' he says taking my hand in his.

He jumps off the couch, leading me back toward the bedroom. He goes straight to the suitcase, searching for his swim trunks and my maternity bikini. I race to the bathroom, putting the bikini on, looking at my reflection in the mirror. I quickly put my hair up in a messy bum before leaving the bathroom. Nathan stands in the door frame to the bedroom, two towels draped on his shoulder. I quickly search for my singlet in the suitcase before linking my arm through Nathan's, us both walking down to the pool. We get to the pool, with only a few people swimming and getting a tan, we find two empty seats to place our towels down.

I remove the tank top, setting it aside with our towels, making my way over to the pool. I slide in next to Nathan, the cool water slowly warming the further I get in the water. Nathan swims to the centre of the pool, motioning for me to join him. As soon as I get near him he wraps his arms firmly around my waist, pulling me closer to him, I wrap my arms around his neck. He leans down in the water, ducking his shoulder under making him now eye level with me, as he leans in placing this lips on mine. How tongue slides along my bottom lip asking for access. I part my lips enough for him to slip his tongue in, one of his hands travel up my sides, finding their way to the back of my neck. I wrap my legs firmly around his waist, while his other hand rest gently under my ass.