Chapter 32

I awake early feeling better than yesterday. I quietly walk out of mine and Nathan’s room, down the hall before walking into the kitchen where I am greeted by Tom.

‘Morning sunshine, your up sort of early.’

‘Morning, what is the time?’

‘It’s…10:45am. Eggs and bacon?’

‘Sure,’ I answer taking a seat at the counter opposite Tom.

I place a hand gently on my stomach, hearing it grumble with hunger, as I reach for some already cooked bacon.

‘Nathan believe you yet?’

‘Mmm,’ I mumble shoving another piece of bacon in my mouth.

‘Nicolla excited about her fashion show today?’ I ask finishing my last bit of egg.

‘She sure is and even happier that you will be there watching it all.’

I can’t help but smile at his answer; I walk over to the balcony over looking the city, the wind in my hair. I lean on the rail, looking around at the beautiful view of Paris, when the nausea feeling over takes me. I take a seat behind me hoping to settle my stomach, until I race to the bathroom knowing I can’t hold it down any longer. As I finish throwing my breakfast back up, I hear someone groan in tiredness. I turn around to see Nathan standing behind me stretching.

‘You should come back to bed,’ he says as he wraps his arms around my waist from behind, placing his hands gently on my stomach.

I place one hand behind his neck as I look down at my other, staring at the rock that is now on my finger. The rock that finally says I am only Nathan’s. he caresses his thumb along the small bump, his warm breath on my neck.

‘I like it when you do that,’ I say, turning around as his hands are now on the small of my back.

‘What? This?’ he asks placing a passionate kiss on my lips.

‘That too, lets get to bed before I have more breakfast to throw up,’ I say dragging him along back to the room.

As soon as we enter the room I go straight to my handbag searching for my ringing phone. I look at the caller Id on the screen as Nathan climbs back into bed.

‘I’m going for a shower, to make sure I am ready for the fashion show in a few hours.’

‘But I want you in bed with me… please.’

‘I’m sorry,’ I say stepping into the bathroom with my clothes for the day.

I let the stream from the hot water fill the room, clouding my thoughts as the water washes all my doubts away. I walk out wearing my new summer dress with my brown belt placed just above my small growing bump.

‘I have a surprise for you after the fashion show today, sort of.’

‘Really what is it?’ I ask walking over to the dresser draws to brush my hair.

‘It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you now would it?’

‘No,’ I say, putting on a sad face as I join Nathan back on the bed.

I curl up at his side as he traces his fingers down my arm sending goose bumps down my skin.

‘Kiara?’

‘Yeah?’ I ask adjusting my position so I can look up into his eyes.

‘Once we finish our last radio talk tomorrow and leave Paris in two days to head back to England, we are only staying for two weeks before we have to leave again.’