Chapter 7

The vibe between us feels faded, we’re drifting apart. I stand in front of my locker, standing with Carol as she complains about her boyfriend. I get bored listening, zoning into my own my world, my eyes widen as I spot a bunch of pink peonies in my locker.

‘Ohh…are they from Nathan?’

‘I don’t know,’ I say grabbing them.

‘Of course you do…oh there’s a card,’ she screams, she is too quick, she gets the card before me.

‘For Gods sake Carol, just give it back, it is personal and nothing to do with you!’ I scream loud enough that it echoes throughout the hallway.

She looks around, blushing before finally returning the card to me.

I remove the card from the envelope and read it:

What if the person you were meant?

to be with could never be yours?

- You know who

I slightly shake my head in confusion. Why would Nathan send this, when he already has me?

I turn around and see him out of the corner of me eye. I quickly close my locker, and catch up with him, I slip my hand between his.

‘He you.’

‘Hey, did you place flowers in my locker?’

‘Ummm, no, I didn’t why?’

‘oh, no reason,’ I answer even more confused.

We both get to our English class we both have together, he pulls me close before entering. He traces my lips with his soft fingers, his touch sending happy chills down my spine, as he brings his eyes up to look into mine, before leaning in for a warm kiss on the lips.

‘Now what was it about some flowers in your locker?

‘Ummm, its nothing.

‘Kiara? Please, I thought we were past all this.’

‘We are, ok, its just I found a bunch of pink peonies in my locker earlier.’

‘I thought you didn’t like pink peonies?’

‘I don’t, and I found this card attached with it,’ I say taking the card out of my pocket and placing it in his hands.

He just shakes his head and starts to walk into class, passing me the note back while also dragging me along with him. All I can think about throughout the whole lesson, is as soon as its over, Nathan and I will be going straight to his and the boys house to get ready for their gig tonight. I haven’t seen them for a few weeks, with them being on a break from the fame, and spending time with their friends and families. The time seems to of slowed down, the English lecture is going on forever, the clock across the room is ticking louder.

I place my head on my arms and lean down onto the desk, and before I know it I'm drifting off to sleep, my eyes getting heavier the longer the teacher speaks. I awake to a poking pain on the side of my rib, my eyes flick open to an empty classroom except for Nathan and Carol staring down at me.

'We're going to be late if we don't move now.'

I gather my belongings but before I can place them into my bag Nathan is already dragging me along by the arm, out the main entrance of the school and toward the limo that awaits us. I stop before we both get into the car, I free me arm from his loose grip and fling them around, as if saying that’s enough.

'What is going on with you lately?'

'Why don't you tell me?' he responds.

'What is that supposed to mean? We have barely talked for the past six weeks.'