Chapter 4

I try to struggle free, but his grip won't let me move, I turn my head and out the corner of my eye I see him. I should've known Daniel would do something stupid like this, do anything to try and get me back. As I turn my head back to the front and try once again fail to set myself free I notice Nathan at the end of the hall walking from class with Max and Jay.

'Nathan! Max! Jay!' I scream hoping one will hear me, before Daniel cups his hand around my mouth stopping me from trying again.

I close my eyes praying that one of the boys would have heard my cries and come help me or try to find help. I suddenly feel a jolt slightly knocking me backwards before two new and different arms grab my waist, just resting on my hips, were the one pair of hands that still send chills down my spine, makes my heart race and be able to make my knees weak. The hands I now know as my (secret) boyfriend's, Nathan Sykes.

'I've got you, it's okay Kiara,' he assures me as I place my head on his chest hearing his heart race, while he kisses my head.

I grab my bag that had fallen to the ground and the four of us, Jay, Max, Nathan and I walk out of the hall and head toward the back of the school to where they are parked.

Before we exit out of the doors I briefly look back to see Daniel stunned, standing by my locker with a bloody nose. Nathan places his hand in mine while we walk, he squeezes hard showing his support while gently shaking his other hand with what I think is pain from punching Daniel in the nose.

'No ones ever, confronted Daniel like that before, thank you!'

'Well, I thought it was about time someone did, I don't really want to see him messing with my girl again,' Max and Jay give out a little giggle and they start to walk ahead of us, giving us some private talking, I feel my cheeks go red as I recall Nathan referring me as his girl.

We make it to their car, to my surprise it's just an ordinary car, and it's just the four of us, no Tom or Siva. Max is driving, Jay's in the passenger seat while Nathan and I are in the back seat. The drive is long especially with all the traffic and fans running around on either side of the roads.

'So are you originally from England or?' Jay asks turning in his seat to face me.

'Actually I only grew up here from the age of seven, but I was born in Sydney, Australia.'

'So that's where your cute accent comes from,' Nathan says turning to my with a shy smile on his face as we lock eyes.

The faint music of the new single 'Glad You Came' comes onto the car radio, Max reaches over and turns it up. All the boys Max, Jay and even Nathan begin singing along, I can now barely hear the song on the radio but it seems better to listen to them sing right in front of my again. I slightly hesitate before joining in with singing with them at first, not being confident enough, but I eventually get through that before the song finished. We're stopped at a red light, the song finishes and we all stop singing, all the boys turn to me, wide eyed with shock.

'What?' I ask, feeling my cheeks go red with embarrassment.

'Wow, you have any amazing voice.' Max says, turning back around to start driving again.

'Our Label Company and management should hear your amazing and talented voice.'

I was to lost for words to respond to the really amazing compliments. Nathan doesn't say anything he just turns my head to face him, our noses brush against each other’s, our lips part, but we are interrupted by a sudden jolt forward causing us both to hit the two front seats.

'Sorry guys,' Max apologises looking into the rear view mirror at us.

We turn a sharp left corner leading up their long driveway, I fall onto Nathan, I giggle and kiss him on the cheek, once the turn ends I straighten back up in my seat. I walk up the long stairs to the front door where we are all greeted by Siva and Tom.

I walk through the heavy wooden door and immediately fall in love with the first room on my right that I see. The one big room containing all their instruments, but most of all a piano the one musical instrument I can play (sort of) I am still picking it all back up after like ten years.

'Do you play?' asks Siva.

'I... I sort of still play.' I say not being able to take my eyes off of the room.

'What do you mean you sorta?' asks Nathan stepping into the room.

'I haven't played since I was eight, the year after we moved here to England, mum got rid of the piano.'

Nathan takes a seat next to me on the piano seat, all the other boys have left now it's just us two, he starts to play 'Just The Way You Are' the music no singing. I watch his fingers moving from key to key, I close my eyes to try and get the feel of the music.

'Kiara?'

'Yes, Nathan?'

'Umm... Would you like to join us at the studio tomorrow morning? So we have some new company.'

'Ermm, yeah I'd love that, get a feel of where the magic happens.'