Chapter 12

START OF NATHAN’S POV

The darkness takes over, the silence grows eerie, and the light at the other end grows brighter. The sound of screaming becomes louder and clearer.

‘Kiara?’ I ask into the empty space.

END OF NATHAN’S POV

The doctor walks in just as Tom is waking up.

‘Good to see your awake,’ he says standing at the end of the bed.

‘Is everything fine doctor?’ asks Tom, coming to stand beside me.

‘During the crash, you suffered a few injuries Kiara; you suffered a minor head injury, which explains why you have been out for two days. You also have a broken leg and two broken rib bones, so try not to move so much.’

He takes a deep breath, nods his head towards us both before leaving.

‘How is he?’

‘Don’t stress yourself about that yet, focus on getting better first.’

I nod in agreement while asking, ‘How are you?’

‘I have a few cuts and bruises… and a dislocated shoulder.’

Out of the three of us it seems Tom has the far from worst injuries. I look around the room again and this time notice bunches of many different colored flowers in vases all around the room, bringing color to this fully dull white hospital room.

‘Who are all these from?’ I ask looking at Tom.

‘Their from everyone, including some people from your school,’ he answers looking around at all the flowers.

‘Tom? Can you please tell me how Nathan is?’ I ask trying to reach from his arm but having to pull back, as it causes too much pain to my ribs.

‘Kiara! You need to rest.’

‘I have been resting for two days,’ I raise my voice a bit not worrying about the pain, ‘I just need to know he’s okay, to get the weight off my chest.’

Tom stops in front of a vase of flowers, slowly turns around and walks back over to the bed, he sits at the end, and looks me in the eyes, he goes to open his mouth to say something but nothing comes out, instead he just reaches his hands to mine, inches a bit closer to me on the bed.

‘You remember how before you blacked out, how Nathan was unresponsive?’

I just nod my head, trying to take everything word in that Tom says.

‘Well, he… he has a bad head injury.’

‘How bad?’ I ask now fighting through the tears.

‘When he wakes up, if… he would have loss of memory.’

‘If? If he wakes up?’ now the tears are streaming down my face uncontrollably.

‘Kiara this is too much for you…’

‘No! What other injuries?’

‘Kiara he suffered the worst injuries, the truck hit the side of the car that Nathan was sitting on. He just about broke every bone in his body, so he’ll have to learn to walk again.’

Just as Tom finishes talking, with tears still streaming down my face, Max who is closely followed by Jay and Siva walk in as if on a queue. I try to wipe my tears away before they all see, but its no use the tears just won’t stop.

‘Aw sweet heart, he’s going to fight through this, he will, just stay positive,’ Max says as soon as he makes it over to my bed and gives me a massive hug.

‘Ow, ow Max!’ I say tapping him on the back.

As he backs away he looks at me all confused.

‘No, it’s fine, it’s just that I hurt my ribs during the crash,’ I say finally being able to wipe the tears away.

‘Sorry.’

START OF NATHAN’S POV

We haven’t even entered the stage yet, our names haven’t even been announced, and we can already hear the loud screams of thousands of fans. The moment is closing in, the final moments just before it’s show time.

‘Give it up for The Wanted!!!’ we hear seconds before we start to move toward the entrance of the stage and begin to perform ‘Glad You Came’.

END OF NATHANS’S POV

‘Am I able to go see Nathan?’

‘You can’t even walk yet Kiara.’

‘Jay!!’ everyone screams at him.

‘No he’s right.’

I just lay back down on the bed, thinking about, well thinking about everything.

‘I’ll go find out from the doctor,’ says Tom interrupting my thoughts.

Minutes later Tom returns to the room with a wheelchair.

‘This is the only way, you up for the pain while we place you in here?’

‘Yes, cause it’s worth it.’

I move myself around to face the side, so it makes it easier for the boys to lift me off the bed and into the wheelchair. Just as we’re all about to leave the room to visit Nathan, two unexpected people walk through the doors.

‘Hi Kiara,’ they both say in unison.

‘Can we please talk?’ asks dad.

‘No,’ I answer sharply.

I look around waiting for the boys to wheel me out, but instead they all start to leave, leaving me alone with my parents. I haven’t spoken to them since the big argument we all had a few weeks ago, and I don’t really want to start talking now.