I Signed Up For Line Dancing, Not This!

We all started sprinting down the mountain at top speed, but the Wargs behind us follow rapidly, like real hunters would.

The sky was darkening rapidly, and soon enough would melt  into nighttime. Frankly I was surprised by how quickly it got dark, but I immediately stopped thinking about the witchcrafted atmosphere, and focused on running for my life.

I had been involved in more life-threatening events over the past few days than I had been in the past few hundred years. It was either really funny or really funny.

"Go!" Thorin urged everyone.

We were all running clumped together, and if we did not break apart soon, it would only be a matter of moments when the Wargs brought us all down.

I felt the ground shake as we all raced down looking for any safety, but the beasts were far bigger and faster than us, so in what seemed like no time at all, the foremost Warg caught up to the group.

I dared one look behind me to see the huge brown beast leap over a large rock, and Bilbo duck behind it as the Warg's jaws snapped in the air over his head.

I stopped running in that moment to stood protecting Bilbo, as the Warg landed in front of him, and cut off his path. The beast's black eyes were filled with malice as it growled and charged at us.

In one fluid motion, almost too quick for me to see, Bilbo turned to be in front of me and held one arm out in front of me as protection, and pulled out his sword to hold in front of him.

I was frozen in place as the charging Warg impaled itself in the head on the sword and fell down dead.

Bilbo looked on in surprise, then looked up at me as if to confirm I was alright, but I was more concerned about his well being.

"Thank you." I breathed. He nodded once to me.

A few more Wargs had caught up to some of the fleeing dwarves, but they were quickly dispatched. To one tan Warg, Ori was screaming as he ran from it. He swung his hammer behind him, and hit the beast in the head and crushed its skull.

A few yards in front of me, I saw the Company reach the end of the large outcropping of land. There was a sheer drop in the ground to which I knew was a cliff. It seemed as if we were trapped there, as there was no way off the outcropping besides a great fall down the mountain.

"Up into the trees!" I heard Gandalf shout, and the dwarves did so into the few trees growing on the edge. I started to move forward as well.

"Come on, Bilbo!" I yelled to him. Gandalf had not moved, but he saw Bilbo and me lagging behind. "Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, climb!"

I assumed Bilbo was right behind me, so I did not stop running. Just in time too, as a Warg snuck right up to me on my left. My heart felt like it exploded, but as quickly as it was there, an ax went through its head and killed it. A quick glance told me that Bifur was the one who saved me, so I yelled a thanks before leaping down a large rock to continue forward.

I had to duck out of the way when Bofur jumped off a rock and grabbed a tree branch, while using Dwalin's head as a stepping stone. If I was in my right mind, I might have found it comedic.

More of the dwarves began climbing into the trees as well, helping each other. I looked up to see the wizard swiftly climbing as well, hoping for safety.

"Tanya, give me your hand!" Fili called to me. I look up, and he and Kili were directly above me with outstretched hands. Taking a deep breath, I jumped up and held my arms above me, as they both grab me as pull me into the tree. It took me only a moment to balance myself on the thick limb. Being so high up, I could see everything below me.