Bed Time Storied Are Meant To Emotionally Scar You

We had been riding for a while. The rain had stopped some time ago. But soon, we came to the ruin of an old house that looked like it had been torn down some time ago.

"We'll camp here for the night." Thorin decided.

I did not care, so I jumped off the horse.

"Fili, Kili, look after the ponies." Thorin instructed. "Make sure you stay with them."

Gandalf went to examine the ruins. "A farmer and his family used to live here." I heard him say to himself. I approached him.

Thorin kept giving orders. "Oin, Gloin. Get a fire going."

I had a bad feeling from the way Gandalf was looking at the place. "I think it would be wiser to move on." He said.

I nodded in agreement.

"We could make for the Hidden Valley." Gandalf suggested.

Thorin walked past him in irritation. "I have told you already. I will not go near that place." He said roughly.

When did we establish that exactly?

"Why not? The elves could help us!" Gandalf objected. "We could get food, rest, advice."

Thorin wouldn't look at him. "I do not need their advice."

"We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us." The wizard reasonably pointed out.

 I rolled my eyes. I could read it, but of what I observed of Thorin, he was not deserving of such help. I say let someone else read it.

"Help?" Thorin said frustrated. "A dragon attacks Erebor. What help came from the elves?"

I scoffed. That's idiotic. Though, I was a bit of a hypocrite when it came to holding grudges for an obscenely amount of time, but I had the excuse of being a woman.

"Orcs plunder Moria... desecrate our halls. The elves looked on and did nothing! You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather. Who betrayed my father." He said with anger.

"You are neither of them." Gandalf said. "I did not give you that map and key for you to hold onto the past."

Thorin glared at him angrilly. "I did not know that they were yours to keep!"

Then I intervened. "Will you two just shut up!" I yelled. "We have all had a long day, but can't you EVER talk without trying to rip each others heads off?!" I stared at them like  a parent would when little boys could not stop fighting. Being mom of the grop so far sucked.

Gandalf turned away, then marched towards the horses.

"Everything alright?" The hobbit asked. "Gandalf, where are you going?"

I could hear nervousness.

"To seek the company of the only one who's got any sense." Gandalf said frustrated.

"And who's that?"

"Myself, Mr. Baggins! I've had enough of dwarves for one day."

I shook my head at him. "Wow. Feelin' the love, Gandalf. Feeling the love." I shouted sarcastically.

Then he galloped away. Didn't he know the rule titled "Don't ride when you're bitter?" 

Thorin tried to go back to giving orders to the stunned company. "Come on Bombur, we're hungry." He said, putting his hands in his hips.

~

The sun had just set, and I was laying on my back, staring at the sky. Then I look over, and see Baggins staring off into the trees.