EPILOGUE: To the end of time

One month later.

Boracay.

The photo shoot was finished, and the other actors, stylists and photographers were paying serious attention to the cocktails on offer at the beach bar, but Sarah felt light headed after three hours of shooting

The weather was really too hot because of the effects of global warming. She wished she could just find herself on a plane heading back to Manila.

"Sa tingin ko babalik na lang po ako sa hotel." She yawned. "Baka matutulog po muna ako at pagkatapos ay mag-swimming mamaya." 

No one could persuade her to change her mind, and she didn't think they would miss her much.

Something happened to a woman when she was in love and the object of her affections was several thousand miles away. It meant she was there only in body and not in spirit, no matter how much she tried.

Over the weeks, something had changed in her too, because time changed everything. Her feelings for Matteo had grown deeper and stronger. 

She looked out at the horizon. 

Was there something natural in human nature that made you always long for what you didn't have?

She had the relationship she had always longed for, and yet somehow she wanted more.

She wanted marriage and babies, she realized. And, while he kept his promise to call her night and day, she sensed that the whole family package would be a commitment too early.

So stop yearning for the impossible, she told herself. Just enjoy what you have for as long as it lasts.

Sarah saw a figure in the far distance, heading her way, and her idle glance became a double take as her heart suddenly missed a beat. 

She shook her head slightly. For a minute there, she had imagined she had seen Matteo, walking across the beach towards her.

Yeah, sure. He had secretly taken a flight back out from New York to join her the day before she was due to fly home.