Chapter 9.2 The one and only

Sarah certainly had tremendous talent, Matteo realized, watching her move through the hall surrounded by paparazzi and movie stars. She was answering a battery of questions from journalists. 

He must make a point of seeing her movie. 

Was she as good as was being made out? 

Maybe. There was definitely something special about her. 

He glanced at his watch. The party would go on for a while yet. He was planning to leave the country tomorrow but something made him hesitate. 

Maybe he would wait and see if an opportunity to lunch with Sarah presented itself. He would really like to see her again before he departed.

"Maraming maraming salamat po. Now, if you'll excuse me po," Sarah said firmly to all reporters. "May mga bagay na kailangan ko pong i-check sa aking Manager." She offered them a polite smile, then turned and went in search of Vic Del Rosario Jr. 

"Congratulations, Anak." Boss Vic complimented as Sarah crossed John Lloyd's side. "We are very proud of you."

"Indeed

"Indeed." John Lloyd Cruz smiled as he leaned forward to bestow a light kiss to her cheek. 

"Salamat po."

Slowly guests were beginning to drift towards the door.

"Go home," Boss Vic ordered. "You're tired, it shows."

"Very," John Lloyd agreed. "I enjoyed watching you tonight."

"Kailan ka pa naging tagapagtanggol ko?"

"Since I fell in love with you many years ago.....as a sister," he teased gently. 

She smiled with genuine affection. "In that case.....brother, I'm going home and leaving you."

"Ready to leave?" Matteo queried smoothly as he joined them. "If you'll excuse us. Sarah and I have some catching up to do."