Chapter 1.3 Weather a storm

• Dedicated kay Jason Bandoles

"Looks like it." said Matteo.

She has a big pair of round eyes, all wide and lovely in her pale, fresh-face, designed by nature to provoke protectiveness in a man. A nose, two eyes and a mouth could be arranged in such a way to transform a face from the ordinary into the beautiful.

Sarah was born to be a superstar. 

"Listen," he said, "I thought I've see a house a little way back. It makes far more sense to head for that. I'll go and investigate."

The thought of being left here all alone made her feel even worse.

What if he disappeared into the stormy night and never came back again?

What if someone came along? 

It wasn't much of a competition, but on balance she'd probably be much safer with him than staying here without him. He might be a little lacking in the respect department, but at least he seemed to know what he was doing. 

"No, ayokong maiwan dito," she said. "Sasama ako sa'yo."

His eyes flickered over her branded shoes. They were good, strappy shoes  and looked sexy with heels that weren't made for walking. Neither, by the look of it, was she. 

Matteo raised his eyebrows

Matteo raised his eyebrows. "Not exactly dressed for it, are you?"

"Hindi ko naman inasahan na maglakad ng malayo!"

His eyes narrowed. "Ever hike?"

Sarah laughed. "Sa trabaho ko? Nagbibiro ka, kilala ako sa buong Pilipinas kaya hindi pwede sa akin ang maglakad ng malayo."

Pretty restrictive job, he thought. "Sigurado ka ba talagang kaya mong maglakad?"

"Kaya ko," she said stubbornly.

He supposed that there was no choice but to let her try. "You'll have to, because there's no way I'm carrying you."