Chapter 20 Clear and present danger

"Hi, Sweetheart." Sarah recognized the masculine voice.

"Hello, Matteo" she said happily.

"Your parents have invited me to their home tomorrow evening."

"It's my mother's birthday," she said.

"I'll collect you at six."

"Make that seven. We're still taping 'The Voice Season 2'." 

Rumors has it that the movie with John Lloyd was moved next year. She instead will be paired with a new leading man, her Philippine showbiz crush, Piolo Pascual.

~*~*~*~

It was almost six when she parked her car in its allotted space and rode the lift to her condominium. 

A quick glance at her watch revealed she had an hour in which to shower and dress before she was due to meet Matteo downstairs. 

Sarah entered the lobby as Matteo's BMW swept into the bricked parking lot immediately adjacent the main entrance. She reached the car just as he emerged from behind the wheel.

Matteo noted the cool expressive features and suppressed a faint smile. The make-up was light with emphasis on the generous curve of her mouth.

The classic "little black dress" had a scooped neckline, very short sleeves and a hemline that stopped above the knee, with high black stiletto heels accenting the length of her legs.

Beautiful was not an adequate description. Everything enhanced her elegance and simplicity.

Matteo opened the door of the car for Sarah and she slid into the passenger seat. She offered him a faint smile in greeting.

He looked relaxed, and she wished she could feel comfortable about introducing her boyfriend to friends and relatives of her family.

The car gained clear passage onto the road. Thirty minutes later, they arrived at Charbel.

The Geronimo's home was a modern architectural tri-level home, with the first level given over entirely to entertaining.