Chapter 4.2 Stars in your eyes

She shook her head, feeling tense. "Ayoko na, salamat, busog na ako.....heto kung gusto mo."

Matteo didn't want the pineapples, not unless she was going to feed them to him the way he had done to her. 

He thought of the lady whose favorite color to wear was red. She had been pursuing him these past few months. She wouldn't feed him the fruits either. But by now, she probably would have taken his clothes off and be busy feeding herself on his body.

He realized that it had been a long time since he had wanted something he wasn't sure he was going to get.

"Busog na rin ako," he said casually, and leaned back against the sofa instead. Holding the wine in his hand and listening to the noise of the rain. "So, how long have you been in your industry?" 

The question broke the mood she had longed to be broken. Conversation like this was safer by far. 

The wine had made her talkative. 

"Sa sampung taon ko sa industriya.....masasabi ko na I am very blessed....." 

She thought how at ease he looked, sitting there, a leg crossed over the other leg, an arm stretched resting on the back of the sofa. One hand holding the wine glass over his strong fingers. 

She found herself imagining those fingers running over her body. 

Oh, for heaven's sake, Sarah, she scolded herself, since when did you start having fantasies like that?

"Mmm?" He raised his dark eyebrows, as if to prompt her. 

With an effort, she dragged her mind back to the subject in question. "Natuto akong kumanta noong maliit pa lang ako. Sumasali kami ni Mommy sa mga singing competitions and fortunately, naiuuwi naman namin ang tropeyo....."

"Was singing always been your dream?" he asked.

Sarah nodded her head. "Malaking pagsubok ang hinarap ng pamilya namin even before 'Star for a Night' singing contest. Pero dahil sa mga pagsubok na ito, lalo akong naging matatag at naging inspired na i-pursue ang first love ko, ang pagkanta."

"The way it happens in all the movies?" 

"Parang ganun."

His eyes gleamed. "Nakamit mo ang iyong mga pangarap." 

"Sa ilang taon ko sa industriya, ang dami ko nang natutunan. Mapa-pelikula man, TV show o concert, natutunan kong makibahagi at ibahagi ang buhay ko. Lalo akong nai-inspire na magpursige dahil na rin sa mga taong tumutulong sa'kin para ma-improve ko ang skills ko."