Chapter 7 Home safe and sound

Congratulations MS SARAH GERONIMO 

First MOR Pinoy Music Award's Female Artist of the Year

Yahoo Female Performer of the Year

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Arriving back in Manila was like being on a different planet. 

There had been no storm in the capital other than brief rain showers, which had dried as soon as they touched the highway. 

Sarah felt like a different woman from the one who had left there the day before.

She let herself into her house to find her parents on their phones. Relieved to see her in the flesh, safe and sound. 

They told her that Sam left messages and to call him as soon as she's home.

Nothing has been leaked to the press about her disappearance. Only to the very few close friends.

Sarah had telephoned earlier and said that they are on their way home.

She didn't phoned Sam straight away, for once having other things on her mind. She wandered from room to room feeling displaced. 

As if she were seeing the luminous house for the first time and comparing it to the very basic standard of the house where she had experienced such wonderful happiness.

Sarah shivered.

It was as if Matteo had filled her senses with a power, which seemed to throw everything else into the shadows. 

Actually, she could remember the magic of his touch. The hard brightness of his eyes and the brief softness of his features relaxed after they kissed. 

She knew she couldn't even think straight until she had washed every trace of him from her body.

She threw a huge handful of her most expensive bubble bath into the bath tub. Submerged herself, right up to her nose, closing her eyes and breathing in the fragrant odor as she prayed for Matteo's memory to leave her.

The messages were from Sam, Yeng, Boss Vic, Ate Anna, and the Jewellery Store. 

Yes, the driver had contacted them about the diamonds and would she please let them know she was back safely? 

Her head was aching by the time she pressed the "delete" button. With a slight sense of weakness, she left a message on Sam's phone. She told him she was safe, and would call soon. 

Then she punched out her best friend's number. The connection was made on the second ring.