Chapter 23

"I'm sorry kid, I won't ever do it again" Zeno apologised for the millionth time, pressing his hands together and grinning brightly. Azumi stared blankly at him, still unaware of what happened. After the dragons arrived, it all went fuzzy in her memories except for those vivid images, so she had no clue what was happening and why his clothes were blood-stained.

"I can't believe you. You've made your clothes tattered and bloodied several times already. I've sewed them repeatedly, but it's useless," Yoon complained, pouting slightly while leading the way through the dense market place.

"Which is why we're buying Zeno's clothes right now" Jae-ha observed, turning to the blonde who bowed deeply with his arms splayed out to the side.

"Thank you!" Zeno cheered brightly.

"Here's your allowance. Use this money to buy whatever clothes you want" Yoon instructed, handing over a small pouch that could not buy proper clothing. Azumi could tell that much.

"Yes," Zeno excepted, glowing with silent while holding the small pouch out before him.

"If you ruin them again, you can cover yourself with leaves next time," Yoon warned, placed his hands on his hips haughtily.

"Looks like the day I become a nudist is not far" Zeno mumbled, not at all worried about doing such a thing. Azumi sweat dropped, a little thrown off by having a nudist in their group.

"I don't want to wash clothes covered in blood anymore" Yoon mumbled, making Zeno smile warmly at the smaller boy. The blonde then charged forward, grinning brightly in excitement while the group shuffled after. They soon entered a clothes shop, where they split off to look at the clothing and jewellery.

Glancing over, Azumi found Hak yawning and ignorant to his friends spreading out across the markets. Azumi tugged on his sleeve, making him glance down at her with a raised eyebrow. Without a word, Azumi pointed to a bench behind them and Hak nodded. The two-headed over and plopped down on the bench, Hak yawning once again. He then leaned back against the bench and Azumi leaned her head on his shoulder, the two drifting off to sleep in an instant. Jae-ha watched this with a soft smile, amused that the two were so similar, but also jealous that she didn't choose him to sleep on. Jae-ha mulled over Yona's words yesterday, of how they were even closer than Hak and Yona where. Considering his absolute adoration and loyalty to Yona, Jae-ha found it hard to believe. But then he thought over the interactions he had seen between the two, and he began to understand.

Azumi was a quiet column of support that was always by Hak's side when he needed it most. Hak had yet to show the happy hungry bunch genuine emotions and rely on them truly, but when Azumi was around he was a different person. When Azumi offered to sleep on the bench, Hak did not tease her like he would anyone else, for one.

"Jae-ha, do you know where Hak is?" Yona asked, breaking the greenette out of his thoughts and making him glance down at her with a plain smile before gesturing over to the sleeping duo with his thumb.

"They're sleeping!?" Yona cried in shock, gaping at the scene of the two fast asleep and huddled against each other. Somehow in their sleep, Hak had wrapped an arm around Azumi's shoulder and dragged her head onto his chest. She curled up against his side, the two looking at complete peace.

"Yesterday it was Hak's turn for night watch. So he seems to be a little sleep-deprived. As for Azumi, we can never know with her..." Jae-ha chuckled, observing the two with amusement.

"How rare..." Yona mumbled, cocking her head to the side in a cute manner.

"Yeah. No matter how tired he is, I never thought Hak would show such a relaxed face," Jae-ha chuckled, bringing a hand to his lips and laughing behind it.