Chapter 44 - Try again (December 10, 2019)

June 30, 2019, wee hours

"Lee... Lee..."

Lee only left to get a washbasin to give him a sponge bath but he was already calling for her name.

"I'm here." She whispered.

She just shook her head with the sight of him being so helpless. Now he wouldn't believe that she will not really leave this time.

Odyssey just grunted upon seeing her back, and sunk back down. Hindi pa rin bumababa ang lagnat nito kaya kailangan niyang punasan ang katawan nito.

"Matulog ka na..."

"Hmm." He answered but she was quite sure that he's trying so hard to fight sleep right now.

"Magpahinga ka na. Nakakainis ka naman Odi, makisama ka."

A grin spread across his face as if enjoying her torment.

When she pushed his shirt up, she saw the tattoo once again. It was now greying, obvious that it has been there for quite some time now.

Napailing na naman si Lee and wondered how it was really very uncharacteristic of Odyssey to just have a tattoo like this. She can't imagine what kind of scenario would push him to go and permanently brand himself with this name.

"Gago ka..."

Odyssey tried to open his eyes. He looks at Lee wondering why she cussed.

"Did it hurt?" She asked as she puts her hand over the tattoo on his chest.

Odyssey put his hand over hers.

"It hurt the whole damn time. It still hurts right here."

Lee can only try not to cry. Because it hurts her the whole fvcking lot, too.

 Because it hurts her the whole fvcking lot, too

June 30, 2019, morning

"Juskupurudy. Bakit naman kaya hindi sumasagot?"

Kanina pa tawag ng tawag si Mizzy kay Lee pero hindi pa rin ito sumasagot. Nako-konsensya pa naman siya hanggang ngayon for betraying her trust dahil sa pagbibigay niya ng dating address nito kay Odi.