Chapter 36 - Always (November 30, 2019)

Chapter 36 - Always

April 07, 2012

It has been a week since the last day they've seen each other.

Pagtapos ng gabing 'yun nang makita nila ang ama ni Odyssey na umaaligid malapit sa apartment ng mag-kapatid, it was a civil war.

Yes, they are exchanging text messages but it's all about greetings and pleasantries. Some good mornings and good nights. And cold I love yous.

Ni walang detalye sa mga ginawa sa araw at hindi napapagusapan kung kailan magkikita ulit.

Odyssey kept on insisting that he had a summer job to do, so Lee was wacking her brains out if their relationship is already going downhill.

Yes, it was a lapse of her not to tell him that she recognizes his father but she also felt unreconciled by the fact that he walked out on her that day and never initiated any reconciliations. It's not as if she did anything wrong. She didn't even entertain his dad when she met him at the mall, but he wasn't listening. Ni hindi man lang dininig ang paliwanag niya.

She can clearly remember how he swears to her dad that she will always take care of her, pero dahil lang nakilala niya ang tatay nito, she is already having a heartache.

She is really very decided on going on with the civil war. But lo, and behold, just a few days after, she is already relapsing. Nagtataka siya dati kung paanong nagpapabebe si Lovely kay Jerico na parang gumagawa lang ito ng away para sweet-sweetan na naman sila sa huli.

She couldn't understand before how couples bear to raise a row in between each other for days, but after what happened, she realized it wasn't really black and white. There are many things in between a relationship.

So when she decided not to initiate a reconciliation, it wasn't because she was determined not to talk through things. She was just waiting for him, that maybe this time, sa tagal na nilang magkarelasyon, and hell they are even doing things more intimate than high school lovers, sana naman he will swallow his pride and reach out first.

But it didn't happen.

So she cycled from being mad, to wary, to really worried. She suddenly thought that maybe, she really was in the wrong. That maybe, she really hit the nerve. Hindi ba't masyadong sensitibo ang issue tungkol sa tatay nito, that even Perci who was doted on suffered from beration?

So after exactly a week, she was there, knocking on their door.

Halatang nagulat si Odyssey nang makita siya.

"N-not expecting me?" Although there was already a pang in her heart.

"Pasok."

Suddenly, she doesn't want to enter. But it would look more ridiculous if she suddenly turn back.