21. 'It was a onetime thing, it won't happen again'

Chapter Twenty-One

"What?" Lau spitted out coffee on my face, a few drops landed on my hoodie. It was a cold day.

I scrunched my nose in disgust, wiping my face off, "Very nice."

"Oh my God!" Lau covered her mouth in shock, "Are you serious?"

"Yes, can you please be quiet?" I recommended, noticing stares coming our way. We were in the Fairies’ coffee shop. It was our most recent favorite place.

"I can't believe he went down on you!" she was bewildered, "How did it feel? Did you like it?"

I flushed, "Yeah, I liked it a lot."

"Did you return the favor?" she gazed at me in expectation.

I shook my head, "No, I... used my hand." my face was on flames when I remembered the sexy way he looked when I was touching him, the way he closed his eyes, and his abs muscles flexed.

"Oh God!  I am too shocked to ask for more details right now," she fanned herself, "Jesus! I admire your self-control, Jules. How did you manage not to give in and throw yourself at him?"

"I really don't know." that was the truth. Plus, Evan didn't really push me to do anything I wasn't ready to do.

"You're on the lead now. Jordan and I haven't passed the dry humping yet." she took a bite of her muffin, small pieces of it fell down her flannel shirt. Lau was looking sort of bohemian that day. She was wearing a hat and all.

"And why is that? You're eighteen, there's nothing stopping you." I commented.

Lau's expression changed into one of nervousness, "I just want to be sure, that's all."

"What's to be sure about? He loves you, you love him," she flinched at that last statement, "Because you love him, right?" her silence gave me my answer, "Oh,"

"I care about him. I do and I wanna be with him."

"But you don't love him." I affirmed.

She nodded, "Not yet, but love is something we build up, right?"

I placed my cup on the table, "What's going on, Lau? There's obviously something you're not telling me." she lowered her head, sighing.

"It's Jason,"

Oh no...

"What about him?" I played the fool. If Lau knew I knew about the Jason thing, she'd kill me.

"When you left last Saturday, we were alone in your room."

I really don't like where this is going.

"And?" I pressed.

"He tried to kiss me. He told me lots of things about feelings and stuff and he confused me, Jules. And it's so unfair of him to do this to me right now when I have someone who loves me."

"Lau, I need you to be honest with me. Do you feel the same way?" I had to ask. They were among the most important people in the world to me. Both were my best friends.

She averted her gaze, "I don't know."

"That's not answer."

"I really don't know. Jason... is... he's been part of my life since we were kids and I’ve always found him... attractive in a way but I don't know if I have feelings for him."

I sighed, "And do you have feelings for Jordan?"

"I guess so."

"Listen to yourself, you've been dating Jordan for six months and you're still not sure about having feelings for him." I reprehended her.