33. This isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O.

Chapter Thirty-three

"What are you doing here?" I frowned. Talk about having an unexpected visitor.

Nash looked as neat as usual, "I came to see you." He closed the door behind him. He wore a dark blue suit with a red tie. His hair was perfectly styled. He looked as if he just walked of a Christmas party, a very elegant one.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked. As he came closer, I got a better glance at his face. He didn't look okay. His blue eyes held an evident sadness I hadn't seen before. There was something wrong.

"Lau posted it on Facebook." He shook his phone in front of me.

"Really?" That girl!

"Yeah, how are you feeling?" he sounded genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm a tough girl." I smiled at him in an attempt to take that sadness away from him. Of course, it didn't work, "Are you okay?"

He cocked an eyebrow, "You're asking me? I'm not the one in the hospital bed."

I rolled my eyes, "Right. Right. For your information, this," I gestured around me, "isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O."

The ghost of a smile appeared on his lips but it didn't reach his eyes, "Jules, I know this is not the best time but I need to talk to you."

The seriousness of his tone scared me, "Okay? I'm listening."

He rubbed his face with both hands and gave his back to me. He stared out the window, messing his styled hair a little.

I squeezed the sheets in my lap, "Nash?"

He turned to me, biting his lower lip, "I don't know how to say this."

"Well, you better find a way because you're scaring the hell out of me."

"I don't even know why I'm the one here. I shouldn't be the one telling you this. I'm bad at any type of conversation that involves emotions. I don't know how to sugar coat things." He threw his hands out in exasperation.

"Then don't. Just tell me."

"I..." he paused, taking a deep breath, "You're my half-sister."

My world stopped right there. I didn't breathe. I didn't move. I could only stare into those blue eyes.

My voice was a mere whisper, "What?"

"We have the same dad."

I could barely find my voice, "What? I... Nash, this is not funny."

"I'm not joking. You know how terrible I am at it."

"But... I... you..." my head was spinning around and I felt sick.

"You're the reason Nadia and I moved here." He explained, "We wanted to know you but our mother wouldn't let us. We had to wait until we were eighteen. Dad wanted us to meet you but he wouldn't dare going against my mother's wishes."

"You're not joking." I muttered.

He shook his head, "No, and I know the timing isn't the ideal for this but he's very sick, Jules and he wants to see you."

My hands shook, my heart was about to jump out of my chest, "But you... flirted with me that night at Evan's grandparents' house." I tried getting him to go back on his words and tell me this was a joke. I couldn't handle this.

"That was just stupid of me. I didn't want you to suspect anything. I knew you were suspicious about Nadia and me." He was right, I was at the beginning but never in a million years could I have seen this coming.