35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen

Hey, guys, this is me uploading chapter 35 AGAIN because I got MANY messages from people complaining about the chapter not showing up in their libraries. Hope this works!

Chapter Thirty-Five

I was so terrible at lying and giving smart responses when getting busted. It's as if my brain couldn't function properly. Jason waited for our reply. I was frozen but Helen was beyond that, she wasn't even blinking.

I had to open my big mouth to say something stupid, of course, "I like pizza."

Jason frowned, "What?"

Helen snapped her head towards me and gave me a 'Wtf' look. I gave her a shrug. That response was all my brain could conjure.

Jason opened his mouth to protest but I saw Shane coming towards us with the glass of wine for Helen, "Shane!" I called out exaggeratedly, "Right here! We're right here!"

Shane gave me a 'wtf' look as well.

'Wtf' looks for the night: 2.

I was on fire.

Shane got to us, "Are you drunk already?"

I huffed, "No, I just..." I glanced at Jason, he cocked an eyebrow. I snatched the glass of wine from Shane's hand, "I'm thirsty." I raised the glass to my lips and drank the whole thing in one go.

"Jules!" Helen protested.

My head span around for a second, the alcohol kicking in, "I'm fine."

"Are you even supposed to be drinking?" Jason sounded worried, "Aren't you taking painkillers or something for your hand?"

I shook my head, "Not on New year's eve."

"That was my glass." Helen muttered. I gave her a killer look. I had distracted Jason and she was bringing the whole thing back up.

Jason opened his mouth but I chime in, "We should open our presents."

"Already?" Jason scowled at me.

"Yeah, we better do it before someone gets drunk enough to forget who their secret Santa is." Everyone nodded in agreement. We were supposed to have the Secret Santa thing on Christmas' night but you remember how that ended.

"Jo! Lau!" Shane called out his besties, "Stop raping Jules' kitchen and come over here."

"Oh Lord, my poor virginal kitchen." I mumbled.

Jordan and Laura sprint out of the kitchen looking guilty as hell, "We weren't making out." Jordan said but Lau's hair was a mess.

"Sure." Shane murmured.

"I'm so thrilled to know who my secret Santa is." Jason rubbed his hands together.

"I know, right?" I grinned at him.

To be honest, this wasn't the first time I'd been part of a Secret Santa activity, it was my second year but it still felt ridiculously new and exciting. Everyone had a present to give. We had to wait until the person revealed who the gift was for.

We all sat on the couches around the pile of gifts that were resting on the small table in the middle. 

"Who's going first?" I asked and everyone shared a quick glance.

Helen raised her hand shyly, "I know I'm new but I'd like to be first."

"Of course." Jordan cheered for her.