6. Romeo would be ashamed of you.

Song for the chapter to the right :) I love that song.

Growing up.

Chapter Six

 Silence.

Evan was staring at me, waiting for an answer. I just sat there, not knowing what to say. He looked slightly pissed and I knew I had to choose my next words carefully. I swallowed, grasping some courage. I hadn't done anything wrong so everything was going to be fine, right?

"Nothing," I said truthfully. "There's nothing going on between me and Shane."

Evan scowled at me, "Jules, I'm not stupid." his tone was dead serious, "I've seen the way he looks at you. And for the way you acted around him tonight, I know he tried something with you. Now it's the time to tell me."

This is serious.

Evan and I were having many serious conversations lately. I knew I had to be honest with him if I

 didn't want him to think there was actually something up with Shane.

"Alright. When he was drunk the other day... he told me..." I trailed off, not feeling brave enough to say it. 

Evan was growing impatient, "What?" his dark eyes were burning through me. He was watching closely as if reading meticulously every inch of my face. 

I gulped and finally answered, "He said he liked me." Evan did not seem surprised by my words. 

"And?" he pushed, "What did he do after that?"

"Nothing. He said he didn't remember but then tonight..." I found myself at loss of words again. 

However, Evan did not have the same problem, "He told you he did remember. I heard him." he was speaking so casually about this entire subject. "Has he tried something? Do you like him?"

I shook my head, "Not in that way. He's my friend, that's all." Evan nodded but kept his serious expression. I felt like a thief being interrogated by a cop. Why did I feel so nervous if I hadn't done anything wrong? Evan's next question actually replied mine.  

"Why didn't you tell me?" Yeah, why didn't I? He was my boyfriend. I was supposed to trust him about these things. 

I sighed, relaxing my tensed shoulders, "I... I don't know. I thought it was a drunken thing. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it."

Evan pressed his lips in a tight line for some time before speaking again, "You should have told me."

"I know. I'm sorry." I said honestly. Evan looked away, giving his profile to me. I could see how tense his jaw was. 

"I don't want you around him." he kept his eyes away.

My eyes widened, "What?"

He looked at me seriously, "You heard me."

"He's my friend." I retorted taken aback. 

"He wants you. He obviously doesn't see you as his friend." Evan debated with a straight face.

"He hasn't tried anything." I reasoned. 

"I don't care. I don't want him drooling around my girl when I'm not around. I don't trust him." he explained. 

"You don't have to. He's my friend not yours." I told him getting pissed. 

Evan took a long breath, "Jules... I don't want him around you. Period." he concluded determinedly.