36. "I already told you. You're a chicken."

Author note: Hey, there, stranger. We've become stranger to each other, haven't we? I don't blame you, guys for getting angry and sending nasty messages to me about not updating this story. I know what it is to be left hanging. I'm a reader, too. I don't come here with excuses to you but just the mere reality. Unfortunately, writing is not what I do for a living, believe me, I wish it was. I wish I could sit down and write all day. I'll be the happiest person in the planet. But I have a job, I have a life outside Wattpad. And honestly, the lack of time has just been one factor in a pool of reasons for not updating. The main reason being, I only write for this story when it comes to me, when I feel like it, when I feel the characters wanting to say something, wanting something to happen. I can't force myself to write for this when I don't feel like it, you'll get a crappy chapter, I'll feel terrible and in the end, no one will be happy. So there goes my honesty.

If you forgot pieces about the story, here's a little recap: Helen and Jason broke up because Jason is being a dick. Helen fears that she's possibly pregnant. Jules and Evan are not together but they haven't officially broken up either. Jordan and Lau are happy. Jules found out that the Sullivan twins (Nash and Nadia) are actually her step-siblings and that her father is sick and wants to see her.

Everyone caught up, now? Go ahead and read on :D

A.G.

"The girl and the shark should stay apart,

Because he will not wound her precious, kind heart."

- Evan Woods.

Chapter Thirty-six

"Come on, Jules. Dance along!"

"Yeah, don't back out now!"

"We have to win this!"

Those were the words of encouragement of my dear friends.

What was going on?

We were playing truth or dare and somehow, we ended up doing a dance challenge. Alcohol can do wonders when it came to ending up doing what you least expected.

It was boy vs girls and surprisingly the boys were winning.

And that had a lot to do with the fact that Lau couldn't even stand properly and Helen had danced shyly earning us barely one point.

Who were the judges?

Well, this is going to amuse you: Nash and Nadia Sullivan, yes, my dear half-brother and sister. They have showed up at my door about an hour ago as if everything was normal. As if about a week ago, Nash hadn't dropped the 'We're siblings' bomb in the hospital. They didn't mention it and I was very okay with that. I was okay with pretending nothing had changed and nothing had happened. I was cool with it and you know why?

Because I was kind of drunk.

Again, alcohol can do wonders.

"Come on, Jules. Save the team!" Nadia encouraged, giving me a comforting look.

Shane glared at her, "Hey, you're a judge. You're not supposed to be cheering for anyone."

Nadia stuck her tongue out at him, "Deal with it."

I groaned, "Why does it have to be me?"

Lau hiccupped, gesturing her and Helen, "Because we both tried and failed."

"You're the dancer, Lau. You're even taking dance classes."

Lau gave me an apologetical look, "I know but I can't even stand properly. You gotta save us."