32. "We are not in the stone age anymore!"

Recap: Helen was panicking because she thinks she may be pregnant and went to Jules.
Jules decided to walk Helen home. Shane joined them on the way there. Jules adviced Helen to make Jason jealous using Shane. It worked.
Evan and Shane had an argument and went out of Helen's house to fight.

Everyone caught up? Good!

Chapter Thirty-two.

I'd never broken a bone in my body.

And I definitely didn't expect to break my first one on Christmas night.

It's funny how things can turn from being good to unexpected and finally painful, all in just one hour. It's also kind of crazy how I was the one who ended with a broken bone when I wasn't even in the fight.

"Don't close your eyes!" Lau begged, crying next to me while holding my good hand. I had no idea why I was being carried in a wheel chair, my legs were fine.

"Jules, stay with us." Jordan said dramatically while pushing my wheel chair forward.

"I'm fine! You don't ha-Holy mother of Ruffles!" I felt the electrifying, pounding pain in my fingers when I tried to dismiss my friends' worry.

"Oh God! She's leaving us!" Jordan pushed harder until we were the wheelchair version of Toretto from fast and furious, "Don't follow the light!"

I rolled my eyes through my pained expression, "You guys are overreacting, I'm fi-Ah! Ow! Ow!" I had no words to explain the pain of a broken bone. It pounded so painfully, I felt like I had my throbbing, bleeding heart in my hand.

"Where is that emergency doctor?!" Lau looked, moving around the pale, hospital hallway.

"We should call her mom," Jordan recommended.

"No!" Lau and I said at the same time.

Helen appeared in front of us, "We're in the wrong hallway," she gestured us to go back, "This is the pediatric emergency area."

"Oh," we all whispered in wonder.

Jordan turned my wheelchair around with so much expertise, I'd start to wonder if he should become a nurse. He was really good at it.

"That explains the unicorns' paintings." Lau mumbled. 

"Can we focus?" I said holding my possibly broken fingers.

We moved back into the whole and then everything happened in slow motion. My mother, Dr. Jones, entered the opposite direction of the hallway and we went all crazy moving around without finding a single place to hide. Luckily for us, mom was too busy checking a folder in her hands and stopped by the nurse station which gave us some more time to panic.

"We need to hide!" Lau whispered.

"Stop spinning me around!" I demanded to Jordan, "I'm getting dizzy!"

"I can't!" Jordan whispered in panic.

Helen was the brave one to open some random door and gestured us all to get inside. It looked like a janitor closet or something. The strong smell of bleach got me even dizzier.

"Phew!" Jordan leaned against the door, "We were so close to getting caught."

"Am I ever going to get medical attention?" I whined, grimacing in pain.

"We should just go outside. You're fine. Your mom will understand." Lau encouraged.

Jordan glared at her, "And you say that now? After we just went all panicky in the hallway?"