Chapter 17 - Quiet, Finally...?

[Sahpiro's POV]

"Hurry up girls. We gotta get to class!" I yelled at the girls as we ran down the hall. We haven't heard from Liracea or Electria for a month and we finally have peace since the start of the year. I still don't understand why they needed the artifacts in the first place, and why they stopped fighting for them. I shouldn't care anyway. They're gone and hopefully won't come back. 

"We're coming!" Anara replied catching up to me. "Be patient."

"She just doesn't want to be late..." Lanasha answered. "Do you?"

"No. Come on, almost there!"

---

"Today, class, we will be studying great impacts on the Magix Dimension..." The professor said "Does anyone want to name something that impacted Magix?" A couple hands went up, including Anara who was probably going to say Winx Club or the Company of Light or something. I didn't hear who answered, because I zoned out for a minute, until Miraj helpfully punched me to get my attention.

"What?" I whispered.

"Pay attention. This is on our test!" Miraj whispered back. Which was suprising because Miraj never cared much for tests at all, she never studied, payed little attention in class and now reminding ME to pay attention? Wow!

"So if you compare the importance of each impact you'll find that sometimes the ones who make little impact are often more regonised than ones who make large ones. So it shows us that certain things done by more popular and likeable people, no matter the size, will always be widely mentioned. There was a book written about this, it stated, and I quote "Those who are popular to earn power achieve nothing, though those who stay anonymous will triumph in secrecy!" Now, can anyone tell me what this means?" I had to think about this question, and obviously everyone else did too. That is, until Lunace raised her hand.

"Yes Lunace?" The proffesor asked

"It means that if you are recognized and congratulated on your sucess, then you always have the possibility of just becoming a flat out celebrity. And you will spend too much time with that lifestyle you won't have time to focus on fixing more problems. But, if you stay anonymous then there isn't a possibility of that happening, giving you the time to live a normal life and fix more problems. Sometimes not being known is the best solution..." Lunace replied, and I knew that last sentance was directed at me. I hid my true identity to protect myself.

"I have something to add." I announced without thinking.

"Yes?" The proffesor looked at me

"What Lunace said is true, but I'd like to add - if you are known, you can cause problems in the way that people will be out to get you. Making more problems, instead of solving them. People will be out to get your powers, friends, family and just plain destroy your life."

"Very true you two...okay next question, this question has no right or wrong answer, just options. If you had the power to change anything anywhere, at any time in the Magix Dimension without consequence, would you?" This time, Miraj and Anaras hands both went up. "Anara?"

"Well, it depends on the peoples reactions. Sometimes, we want to change something in someones mind, for whatever reason. But we can't, and never will. This gives us the void of wanting to choose to have the power without consequence. But people will hate you for it. If you make someone love you that originally loved someone else, it isn't fair on the other person. Just because you want something, doesn't mean you deserve it and it doesn't mean you get it. Like the question about likeability, people will hate you for toying with others hopes, dreams, past and future." Anara said