Monday, October 9 Cont'd & Wednesday, October 11

As I'm editing this story I'm having two emotions.

The first one: holy cow I'm not that bad at writing, that was pretty good. I'm pretty impressed. And then I pat myself on the back.

And the second: oh my god how am I even getting likes on this. Can I spell? Can I even make a coherent sentence? What the hell did I mean there?

But for real though. Sorry it's taken me this long to get my shit together and edit this story.

Hope you enjoy/are enjoying the new and improved Surviving Cancer! ENJOY! -DBR

LEVI POV

When Maci got home that night I went straight to her room.  I didn't even give her a chance to close the door before I threw myself on her bed.  I let out a groan, grabbing for one of her pillows and buried my head under it. 

"Hi?" She said, letting out a small laugh.  I groaned again from beneath the pillow.  "What's the matter?"

"Where do I begin?" I muttered, my voice coming out muffled. 

"Huh?" Maci said, I felt the bed sink next to me before she ripped the pillow off my head.  "Come again?"

"Where do I begin?"

"How about at the beginning?" She tossed the pillow back to wear it was as I rolled over on my back. 

I waited until she snuggled down next to me, her head resting on my shoulder.  "Did Jackie tell you about today?"  I felt her shake her head no.  "I think we're fighting."

"Why?" She lifted her head off my shoulder, placing her hand on my chest so she could look at me.  Her brown eyes danced between mine.

"She found out I was dating Emma." I said, there was so much more to it then that but I didn't want to continue.  I was hoping Maci could just fill in the blanks for me. 

"You didn't want her to find out?" She asked, her eyebrows pinched together. 

"Well I did, but then when she did I wished she hadn't."  Her eyes stayed locked with mine, when she didn't respond I continued.  "I'm only dating Emma to make Jackie jealous." I blurted it out as quick as I could, throwing my arm over my eyes.  I waited, hoping Maci would say something.  I knew using Emma like that was terrible; I just didn't want to hear those words from Maci.  "Do you hate me?"

I cracked my fingers, peering through them at her.  She shook her head, letting out a sigh.  "You obviously know what you should do, but what are you going to do?"

I ran my hand through my hair, "I'm going to break up with Emma and apologize to Jackie."

Maci laid her head back down on my chest, the two of us snuggled up in silence.  That was the best thing about Maci.  We didn't have to talk to communicate.  We understood each other.  I let out a sigh, I had to come up with a way to get Jackie to talk to me because even though I hadn't been told outright that I was getting the silent treatment, I had a feeling I was.  I also had to do it when Greg was nowhere around but he was always around, or at least that's how it seemed. 

"Hey, you knew Skylar and Jared use to be friends right?" Maci asked, I nodded my head.  "Oh."

"Why?" I asked, my interested peeked.  Maybe I could slip in the fact that they killed Emma's boyfriend.  They seemed like all right guys, but my sister deserved an amazing guy.  And those two just didn't cut it. 

"I don't know." She said she drummed her fingers on my stomach.  "I found out why they aren't friends anymore."

Even though I knew already I decided to play dumb.  I didn't want her thinking I was digging up dirt on the two of them.  It would make me seem way too over protective.  And as Maci had said before I had to let her live a little.