Wednesday, September 6

So to clear up any confusion, chapter 2 and 3 are combined now. I didn't delete anything. ENJOY -DBR

MACI POV
I dropped my notebook on an empty desk in creative writing, feeling exhausted.  First hour classes were always a challenge, even though I focused better in the morning it didn't mean I liked being up that early.  I studied the board, Mrs. Chilson's name still sprawled across it.  The writing from yesterday had been wiped cleaned for a new day of learning.  I rested my head in my hand, closing my eyes to block out the fluorescent lighting.

                  "Hey girly!" My eyes snapped open at the sound of Jackie's voice. 

                  "Hey." I mumbled, turning my head to look towards her before dropping it back into my hand. 

                  She looked me over once as I let out a huge yawn.  "Rough morning?"

                  "No, just tired." I answered, blinking sleepily as she pulled out a notebook from her bag. 

                  The room slowly began to fill with noise as the rest of the class filtered in.  Jackie attempted small talk with me but my brain was still dreaming about being asleep in my wonderfully comfy bed.  I was awake enough to notice Skylar walk in though.  He shot me a smile as he made his way down the row taking the empty seat on the other side of me.  I couldn't help but return a smile, my cheeks flushing red. 

                  "Morning." He said his blue eyes shining.

                  "Hi." I answered, a smile still plastered across my face, "Were you able to come up with a topic?"

                  "I did actually." He said, opening his notebook up and ripping out the page.  "Thanks by the way."

                  I scrunched my eyebrows together in confusion, "For what?"

                  "You were my topic." He answered grabbing the piece of paper and heading for Mrs. Chilson's desk. 

                  My eyes widened as Jackie jabbed me in the side, wiggling her eyebrows.  What could he have possibly written about me?  And why me?  He had just met me. 

                  "Good morning class." Mrs. Chilson belted out calling the classroom to her attention.  "The writing you did yesterday should be on my desk, if it's not it's late."  A few more kids jumped to their feet, rushing to the desk.  "I was kidding but aren't you glad your done?"  A few kids groaned in disapproval.  "Anyway as I mentioned yesterday, today we will be starting one of the eight required essays.  The topic is to write about a childhood experience that helped form who you are today.  I'm going to pass out the guidelines in a minute.  Start brainstorming and feel free to talk." She handed out the sheets of paper with the guidelines on it before returning to her desk.  "If you have any questions please ask."

                  I knew what I should write about; this essay would be a piece of cake.  However, I wasn't about to read it aloud for the whole class.  I figured I'd be pretty safe letting one teacher read it and even though I had only been in Mrs. Chilson's class for a day I had a feeling she was the kind of teacher that didn't go blabbing her mouth about.  I scanned over the guideline sheet looking for an answer on whether or not we'd have to share.  Finding nothing I stood up and made my way to Mrs. Chilson's desk.

                  "Um, hi." I mumbled, nerves rising through me.  "I was wondering if we are going to have to share this with anyone."

                  She looked up at me her brown eyes perfectly lined in make-up.  "Typically a classmate will proofread your work but you are not required to share with the whole class."