Thursday, November 23 & Friday, November 24

I'm killing it with updates. ENJOY -DBR

LEVI POV

"Hey." I said into my phone as I fell back onto Maci's bed.

We had just finished eating. My grandpa, Papa and dad had turned on the football game and were shouting at the TV. The women were in the kitchen, cleaning up. Maci had fallen asleep in one of the chairs in the living room before we had sat down to eat.

"Hey you." Emma said, I could hear her smile.

"How's your thanksgiving going?" I asked.

I rested my hand on my stomach. I had ate so much food I was in pain.

"Good, we are getting ready to eat."  I heard shouting in the background. "Hang on." The voices became muffled and then disappeared into the background. "Sorry my dad and brother are going crazy watching the game."

I laughed, "Same over here. What are you doing tomorrow?"

"It's Black Friday." Emma said.

"Okay..." I trailed off not understanding.

"I'm going shopping. My mom and I always go." She clarified.

"Oh, that sounds terrible."

Emma laughed. I couldn't stop the smile that spread across my face. I needed to make her laugh more.

"You're such a guy."

"I hope so otherwise I'd be one ugly girl."

She chuckled at me. "I don't have plans in the evening or the rest of break."

"Perfect, my grandma's are dying to meet you." I said.

"Oh gees."

"They'll love you, no worries."

She let out a sigh, "I'll call you tomorrow then when I wake up after shopping."

"Alright, I'll let you get back to the game." I said, I needed to go back downstairs anyway. "I love you Em."

"I love you too."

I had a huge smile spread across my face as I ended the call.  I pulled myself off Maci's bed, went pee and made my way back downstairs. Everyone was where I had left them, only Maci was awake finally.

"Hey sleepy." I said sitting down on the arm of the chair she was in. "Want me to get you some food?"

"Yeah." She smiled sleepily, that'd be great."

I pushed myself off the arm of the chair and went into the kitchen.

"Hey mom, Maci's awake. She's hungry." I said.

"I set her a plate aside. It's in the microwave. Warm it up a second or two." She instructed.

I punched a minute on the microwave, watching the numbers click down as I listened to my mom and grandmas chat.

"I just can't believe he's being so petty. I liked Pete. It really surprises me." My Nana said.

"It just goes to show you can't trust a man that smooth." My grandma added, taking a sip of wine.

"What's Paula and the kids going to do?" My mom asked. "Every time I call her she just tells me everything's fine, she's fine, Pete's fine. I had no idea they were getting a divorce."

"Oh honey, you know your sister. She's always been a little jealous of you." Nana said. "Look how wonderful Don is and the life you two have built."