White Wolves - Chapter four

Hi! Valery on that space dedicated to multimedia and stuff -->

SAM'S POV

Where could I possibly go?

The woods were filled with werewolves all around, and even if I managed to find a hidden spot, certainly someone would smell my blood.

I whipped my tears with my sleeve yet again as I kept running, not really caring with it but I had already tripped twice because of my foggy eyes and didn't want to brake myself or Valery would get concerned and Jonh would kill me.

Deciding to just climb a random tree and sat there on a branch, I did just that. They would probably take a while at introducing him to the pack and taking care of official matters, so I probably had some time to myself.

So I cried. What more could a pathetic looser like me do besides crying? Now I had nothing but my mate, if I dared to call him that, and I didn't deserved him. He hadn't brought up the matter when he had the chance, what did that meant? He probably never would anyways... after all, he did had seen my pathetic little act.

I pulled out my pack of cigarettes and pulled one with my teeth as with one hand searched for the lighter and with the other put my pack away back at my pocket. I lighted my cigarette and took a deep drag, crying silently all along. Pathetic really, the way I always cried... But I just couldn't be optimistic, not after the last two years. I didn't deserved anything, so there was no point in fighting for what I wanted. When I cried, at least some of my tension would go away, and that whole in my chest would be filled with momentary pain, better than the usual nothingness I always felt.

I took another drag and started playing with my pocket knife, twirling it on my fingers and throwing it at the air to catch it back, taking occasional drags as I kept crying silently, sobbing only slightly making my body shake and my leg hanging on the branch to move forward and back.

What was I going to do with my life? I had to isolate myself from the pack or Jonh would kill me, but if I did that, I wouldn't be accepted on the pack's mental link and people would get suspicious or angry at my anti-social behaviour...

Putting my knife away since I couldn't do what I intended with it and tugging my sleeve up, I put off the cigarette on my skin, smelling the flesh burn and feeling that small tingle on my burned arm. My healing rate was one of a regular human'sso I would stay with the scar, but it was one in the middle of a lot more.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps that made me jerk forward and almost immediately, that calming sent hit me. Why was my mate here? Did he came to tell me not to talk to him or something of that kind?

I let myself slide of the three branch and felt to the floor with the swift movement of a cat, kneeling lightly to stop the fall and have a better landing. My grace was the only thing I was proud of in me, something I've had perfected in all those years since climbing to trees was a regular thing for me to do, because it helped me relax and feel more in contact with my wolf nature.

As I straighted up and turn, I saw him there leaning at a tree, eying me with that same curious look, almost like studding me. I tugged at my sleeves, trying to hide the smell of burned flesh a little and because his attentive gaze was leaving me uncomfortable. He then wrinkled his nose a bit, straightening immediately with with a raised eyebrow, his expression almost undignified when the smell of cigarettes hit his werewolf senses.

- You smoke?! - He asked with astonishment clear on his voice and a bit of a frown on his face. - But that's bad for your health! And how can you stand that awful smell?! I can't believe you can smoke knowing the evil those things do! - He kept rambling enraged, starting to pace around in front of me with his hands on his hips.