White Wolves - Chapter eight part 6

AARON'S POV

I went for a run when I woke up, needing to clear my head and buy off some steam. It was snowing outside, which wasn't much of a shock in this town even if it was spring, so I decided to carry a white long sleeved shirt and some old blue jeans just for the normalcy of such act as wearing clothes, even if werewolves rarely got cold. I still couldn't believed it... But I had came to a decision; I wouldn't press on the issue, ever, unless Samuel wanted to get some sort of closure, and I would just show him happiness and all my love and make him forget. I had to be strong, and hold myself back, for Sam's sake. But one promise was made; I would kill that bastard. I would rip his flesh out of his bones with my bare hands and teeth, I would glory in his pain, pleas and blood and I would kill him with him hating himself and regretting every single scar he created on Sam.

Those promised toughts seemed to calm me and my wolf more than the run itself. Of course I couldn't let Sam know about these toughts, and I wondered how could I find the bastard, but for now it was all about making my mate feel happy and loved.

I arrived at the cabin now in my human form and fully clothed, and Sam luckily was still asleep. He must have been really tired, it was past noon and he was always up at six and thirty for our run. But that was perfect for what I had planned.

I went for some breakfast, and somehow managed to make a bacon omelet after getting the first one burnt (cooking really wasn't my thing, besides cooking meat) and cut some fresh fruits in small pieces and put it all on a plate. I peeked at the room to see my little perfect angel still asleep all snuggled up on the blankets like they were holding him and protecting his small and frail body. Okay, this sounded extremely weird. I went outside and grabbed some flowers, then putting them and the plate in a tray along with a glass of orange juice and coffee with milk and lots of sugar and a black coffee for me, I took it to the bedroom.

I put it down next to the bed on the floor and sat on the edge of the bed to wake him up gently. At least I intended to... but he was so... so peaceful, so perfect like that. He was cuddling on himself on the middle of the small double bed, the sheets all tangled up around his small body, a slim hand hold against his chest and the other pressed to his slightly parted lips, exposing his forearm and wrist. I moved slightly closer and held his hand carefully, trying not to wake him up. I pulled his arm to my lap, and looked at his self-inducted scars. I should have seen it coming... I know I had nothing to do with it, but... I couldn't help to feel guilty for some reason. I caressed them lightly, feeling soft, warm and comforting sparks on my fingertips. I had to show him how much I love him no matter what.

His arm tugged slightly away from me but without getting off of my lap, and looking into his face, I saw his eyes looking worriedly at me, but expectantly more than anything.

- Sorry, did I wake you? - I asked, even though I had intended to wake him up in the first place.

- Kinda… - His voice sounded a bit raspy and he coughed a bit to try and loose his throat some. - Mornin'.

- Morning. Oh, that's right, I wanted to wake you up. - I said trying to return to my regular self grinning widely.

- Oh no, please no more surprises…

- Sish, I didn't knew my mate was such a bad morning person!

His face seemed to lit up for a few quick seconds when I said that he was my mate.

- I'm not, but usually I get to sleep till 6 30.

- Its 10 am… but that's okay, you must be tired. That's why… - I got up - your present is… - I kneeled on the floor and brought up the plate full of pancakes and fresh fruit that he didn't seemed to have noticed due his sleepiness.