White Wolves - Chapter eleven

One more! You're so gonna kill me... I think. Dedication to P1QuestionMark2INK 'cause she took lots of doubts of my mind, and we had an awesome chat. You should check her out! By the way, every mistake you find, please correct me (if you have the time or don't mind...)

WARNINGS: new characters, and a major plot twist like super hyper important people!

Andrew on the side played by... Jared Padalecki!

And now on with it!

...3 years later... (A/N: see what I meant?)

SAM'S POV:

It made three years the last month, that I left. Also, three years exactly that I adopted Diego, and two years and eight months that I had Aaron, mine's and...  my mate's son.

After I ran away, I wondered around for a while, without any particular path in mind, honestly waiting that someone who hated white wolves would came around and kill me. I considered doing it myself but in those single moments were I was thinking about it, my wolf was awake, and he would forbidden me to do so.

Around a month after, I found Diego. He was a five years old white wolf, who remembered nothing but his name and that had lived alone since he remembered. He was no more then a super energetic and cheerful puppy when I first talked with him and we instantly created a pack of our own. He was also the one to tell me I was pregnant when he pointed out my unnatural smell. It was him who after only a week, made me not want to die, and actually smile. He and my unborn puppy were my life now, and even if I didn't had Aaron or Valery, or even Reyes and the pack, we became a somewhat happy family.

For another four months, we lived in the wild, in our wolf forms, him in his wolf form because most wolves that are born in wolf form can only turn into humans between their third and five year, more or less, and me in wolf form because it felt so natural and good to just fit in in a small, cozy corner of nature and embrace it while being embraced by the natural feel of it all. Diego took pride in showing me how he had lived, happily teaching me how to hunt and fish, and collect herbs and eatable berries. Of course my wolf could do it instinctively, but he had taken a special liking to Diego, like he was already our puppy, probably because of the pregnancy hormones and the way he was just so likable, and so we pretended to be clueless and clumsy at first while Diego gave us clues and hints all innocently prideful on himself and us. At late night hours, when he would finally be tired, we would cuddle together, and I would teach him everything about the human way of living, which stories he absorbed hungrily and excitedly until he would pass out from exhaustion and would only wake up at the next afternoon, with a growling stomach.

Then, Aaron was born. A beautiful, little ball of snowy white fur. He was as perfect as Diego, and in that moment, I couldn't care less that we were white wolves, they could trow whatever they wanted at us, but I and my wolf would fight with every fiber of our body to protect our children.

Diego turned into a human for the first time, around two weeks after Aaron's birth, and begged me to show him how humans lived. I decided it would also be safer if we lived in some sort of community, away from other packs but near the forest. With some skills that I regret pulling, but that were necessary, we stole some clothes, and I began working at a local store as a part-timer, with enough money to find us a small but nice home to live in. Diego spend his days hunting and bringing food so that there wasn't an extra expense and because he didn't liked particularly much human's factored and pre-made food, and even if I was reluctant at first, he missed the forest and previous way of living, so I would went with him in the first times, then he would go alone. Aaron just spend his days sleeping peacefully, ignoring Diego's constant whines for them to play together. Honestly, Aaron looked more like the eldest. Although it troubled me leaving them alone, and especially Aaron completely alone when Diego went hunting, when we would return home, he would still be in the same position we left him in, curled in himself in a small white ball of fur on the couch. I could tell he would be a quiet person when he grow, but he already showed skills of an alpha, like his fearlessness and protectiveness over Diego even if he pretended to ignore him with a feisty frown. He was already a very responsible puppy, even if he didn't showed it, besides when he would rarely talk through the mindlink. Although I had named him after my mate, he was nothing like him, which both sadden me and made me feel relieved at the fact I wouldn't be tortured with my mate's thoughts but he was still honoured by his name being given to his son.