Chapter 23- What have I gotten myself into?

My heart beat quickened as he stood there, frozen, I felt like he was going to turn around last minute and pull out a gun and shoot me, it felt like eternity waiting for him to turn around and say something, goosebumps formed up my arms as I bit down onto my bottom lip. 

He turned around slowly with an almost sad look along his face, he walked towards me rather quickly and grabbed me by my arm
"Never call me Jason.."
"Why..?" He furrowed his eyebrows at me
"Is it any of your business?"  he spat, little bits of saliva hitting my cheek, I quickly wiped them away. 

"is that your real name..?" I asked ignoring the fact that he doesn't want to talk about it, 
"My name is Trouble.." I laughed loudly and sarcastically 
"Honestly, what kind of name is Trouble..?"
"It's my name. and you will call me nothing but Trouble. My name is not Jason, what kind of a name is that?!" he began to grow aggravated 
"a normal name..?" I answered  cheekily, he grabbed my forearm loosly and pulled be into a corner.

"Why did you call me Jason?" He asked curiously, an angry look in his eye,
"I found this.." I slowly reached into my tiny pockets to pull out the note that had once been stuck to the bottom of my shoe. His eyes widened as he quickly snatched it from my hand, 
"Where did you get this?!" He scrunched up the note and shoved it into his pocket as the grip on my arm tightened.

"at the party"
"where at the party?!" I stood there silently for a minute,
"tell me right now!" He screamed, his grip once again tightening and making me wince,
"Your kind of hurting me.."
"I DON'T GIVE A-" I stepped on his toe hard, his face only growing angrier.

"I found it at this old house on the corner, I was looking for you, some people said they saw you walk in, so I went up to the house and knocked on the door but it just opened straight up, I walked inside and heard crying"  his grip tightened that little bit more. 
"and then..?" he asked
"and I followed the crying to a room, where there was a boy sitting there, tears streaming down his cheeks, crying like someone had just cut his arm off.." His eyes began to fill with tears ever so slightly and he did a very good job in hiding it.

"Trouble.. can you look me in the eye and tell me that the boy sitting there in tears with a photo clutched to his chest, wasn't you..?" I said soothingly, He shook his head
"It's not me! why would I cry?! I don't cry! pfft!" he became defensive. 
"It's okay to cry.." 
"No it's not! only wimps and girls cry!" I laughed and shook my head.

"My dad cried when I was born.. does that make him a girl.. or a wimp..?" He nodded
"YES, YES IT DOES!" I sighed loudly before pushing his arm off of mine and grabbing his hand. 
"come on.. I think we need to have a little bit of a talk.." I began walking up towards the student car park.
"I don't want to talk!" He groaned as I dragged him to my car.

We sat in the front seat with the heaters blaring and the cold rain pattering down onto the windows and the roof,
"is this going to take long before I have-" 
"Stop making excused Trouble, we're going to sort this out" I said sternly. 
"I saw you crying in that house.." my voice suddenly dropped to a comforting tone 
"I told you it wasn't me!" I groaned loudly
"Crying isn't a sign of weakness Trouble.."

He shook his head vigorously and folded his arms,
"I never cry, I have never cried and I never plan on doing so!"
"Trouble you're basically all alone in life, you can't sit here and tell me  you have never shed a tear" a silent tear fell down his cheek but his arm quickly ran across his face to catch it, hoping that I hadn't seen it, and I acted like I hadn't seen anything. 

"Trouble.. look at me.." I said as he was looking down at his hands awkwardly, he looked up slowly and hesitantly, 
"you're hurt.. and that's okay.. just.. just let some stuff off your chest.. rant to me.. confess to me.." I turned myself in my seat so my body was facing him.  
"I... you promise you wont tell anyone?"
"I promise, cross my heart" 
"If I find out you've told anyone I'll-" I rolled my eyes before interupting him
"you'll kill me. I know. and I'm not doubting it for a second. now. open up"

He took a deep breath in before looking up at me
"I made a mistake.. a long time ago.. i don't Even know how long ago it was.. I try not to think about it.. I joined a gang, I thought it would be fun.. hanging with a group of people that could never get hurt, we all got names.. I chose Trouble, m-my real name is.. Jason" a smile was brought to my face but was quickly hidden, he was actually opening up to me.

"My parents were caring, loving and all together over protective.. when they found out I was in a gang.. god knows how they found out.. they told me that they would send me to Australia to some all boys school if I didn't leave the gang, so I went up to the one that ran the gang and told him I was leaving. a few months later, people at school were still calling me Trouble,  I liked it, It made me sound bigger.. tougher.. stronger but the remaining people in the gang.. they didn't like the fact that I kept the name"

I nodded slowly I saw tears building in his eyes 
"they sent me threats, telling me that if I didnt change my name back to Jason and stop people from calling me Trouble that they'd get their revenge.. but I just brushed it off, they had threatened me before but had never gone through with it.. so years later I went out with a group of my new friends for a party and came home early.." he began shaking slightly. 

"I walked in and there was silence, the tv was on but there seemed to be nobody home.. I called out for mum and dad but there was no reply.. I thought they'd gone out for dinner and just left the television on so I went upstairs and into their bedroom to.. to find their bodies.." I gasped and covered my mouth slowly, I kind of figured his parents had passed away but he found them? that has to be life scaring.

"t-there was a note next to them saying 'We warned you 'Trouble' We warned you, but did you listen? no. don't underestmate us Jason. -Reckless' "
"Reckless..?" I said softly raising an eyebrow,
"He was one of the gang members.. he's the one that killed my parents, and from that day foward I promised myself I would never be kind to anyone again, I promised myself I would never be called by the name of Jason again. I promised myself I would find reckless and I would kill him! I didn't only promise myself, I promised them!" his voice began to raise as he pointed his finger into the direction of the sky.

"Ja- Tr- I." I was completly lost for words as he began to cry, tears streaming down his cheeks as he buried his face in his hands.
"shh.. it's okay.. it's okay.." I soothingly said throwing my arms around him and holding him close to me. I slowly rubbed his back trying to stop him from crying, I never knew he was this sensitive.. nobody did. 

"Crying is not a sign of weakness.." I said quietly  "Ever since birth it has been a sign that you are alive.."

--------------------------------

this is probably the worst chapter i have ever written! D; sorry!